• i'm telling del zotto

Votes: 32 91.4%

• Total voters

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Very good advice.

I should also add that travel helps too. Sometimes just getting away from your situation and putting yourself in a completely foreign surrounding can help. It forces you to adjust so you don't hang on to certain habits and mannerisms. In 2011 after my breakup I went to Germany and that really helped me. Of course, a beautiful fraulein doesn't hurt either.

Yeah - travelling definitely sounds like a good idea. I was thinking about visiting Hangzhou on my next weekend (3 hours away from Shanghai). They have a nice lake and some beautiful scenery. f*** man - 2011 really was a terrible year for you eh? :p. I'm glad that you were able to find constructive ways to get over everything.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
This threads getting a little too touchy and serious.

So here's a bunny with a pancake on it's head.

962e36f0bbc494caeced7e38c7b1934b.gif

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Sorry guys for darkening the mood in this thread. I just needed to vent and get stuff off my chest. A sincere thank you to those that gave me great advice (y2k, mtb, racer, etc,).

Break ups are never easy but I’m actually feeling quite good today. Even yesterday, my highs and lows weren’t near as drastic. Onwards and upwards as they say.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
where's the basketball squad i wanna hear y'all's thoughts on last night's transaction

Anyone who has actually watched the Raptors choke in the playoffs year after year knew that it was because of both Casey and Derozan.

This move IMO is the equivalent of the Sundin UFA move for the Canucks.

Leonard is a better player overall than Derozan. It boggles my mind that he "doesn't want to play there", as if places like Milwaukee and Minnesota are somehow better than Toronto. I've been to those places and they're not. Still, seeing George re-sign with OKC shows you that it's not automatic that he leaves. If Kawhi can look at things objectively, the East is wide open now and Toronto has the possibility of consistently getting to the conference final if he sticks around.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Anyone who has actually watched the Raptors choke in the playoffs year after year knew that it was because of both Casey and Derozan.

This move IMO is the equivalent of the Sundin UFA move for the Canucks.

Leonard is a better player overall than Derozan. It boggles my mind that he "doesn't want to play there", as if places like Milwaukee and Minnesota are somehow better than Toronto. I've been to those places and they're not. Still, seeing George re-sign with OKC shows you that it's not automatic that he leaves. If Kawhi can look at things objectively, the East is wide open now and Toronto has the possibility of consistently getting to the conference final if he sticks around.

Kawhi doesn't want to go to those places either. You should be comparing Toronto to LA, not Milwaukee or Minnesota.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Nice day for some patio beers. Terrible day for working.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Low quality gifs that took forever to load on dial-up? Hard pass for me.

It’s not the gifs’ fault our internet sucked at the time. Although yelling at your parents/siblings when they picked up the phone and messed up your Red Alert multiplayer game had a certain charm to it.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Honest question:

In terms of pain, which of the following do you think is the worst?

1) Getting bullied in school
2) Getting beat up in a fist fight?
3) Having some kind of biological pain (i.e. kidney stones, gallstones, etc.).
4) Being dumped.

I'm going to be honest. I've been a victim of all 4, but was able to overcome the first 3 quite easily. Being a minority in a small town, some guys tried to mess with me in school and so I stood up for myself and got into a fight. I earned respect and was never bullied again.

I've had my butt kicked in a fist fight as well. Hurt like a mother ****er but I was ok a couple days later. I had gallstones in 2014. The pain was incredible, but prescription meds (Oxy and morphine) helped me.

Break up pain however? I'll be honest - I was always a casual one night kind of guy during my teens, 20's, and early 30's. I think this was for a few reasons:

1) I wanted to be with as many women as possible.......for both the experience and perceived social respect that comes from hooking up.
2) I always knew I was emotionally weak and wouldn't be able to handle a break up very well. My best friend move away when I was 12 years old in 1993 (we had been friends since we were 3) and it broke me. Hence - I never actually had an LTR growing up. A part of me always suspected that I was weaker than most in this area.........and it looks like I was right.

Beat the living monkey piss out of me in a fight, and I'm not afraid (unless it's a professional fighter of some kind). Say verbally nasty things about me and my pain threshold is quite high for that as well.

Break up with me after a two year relationship.......and then start dating a guy one month later.

I have no pain threshold for that unfortunately. I have no answer. I'm hurting. Badly. Bovinderstan McHinduji has finally met his kryptonite. If anyone has any constructive advice for me on how I can overcome this unfamiliar pain, I will appreciate that very much. Thanks in advance broskis.
If she goes with another guy after a 2 year relationship with you then you dodged a bullet. Every failed relationship builds character and makes you stronger and better for the next one which could be “the one”.

Cheers

Reactions: Hindustan Smyl

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
where's the basketball squad i wanna hear y'all's thoughts on last night's transaction
Top 20 player for a top 5? Anyday. Anyone saying that the Raptors got screwed is too emotionally attached to Derozan. Raptors reached their ceiling with their core and Masai made the smart move of changing it up sooner rather than later. Kawhi will resign and this will look like a steal. Masai is a genius GM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad