Patriots/NFL 2018 Offseason - Edelman suspended 4 games for PED violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Why hasn't Shaughnessy retired yet?

All a sudden Tom Brady is an ******* primadonna? I dont buy it.
The guy goes to Monaco and hangs out with the car guy Austin Martin and throws footballs off yachts to dolphins but not the ones from Miami

He needs to be in Foxboro hanging out with JE11 and throwing passes to Matthews and Michel

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If you know who to follow and how to avoid the lowest common denominator, sports journalism is infinitely more informative now than it used to be.
Great point

When I was a kid I would read these guys and it was gospel especially Gammons but as I got older I started being able to figure out sources and relationships between writers and executives and players

Gammons always loved wunderkind Dave Dombrowski.

The trade I believe DD made for Bartolo Colon for Cliff Lee, Brandon Phillips, and Grady Sizemore made me want to barf but here we are 15 years later and Colon lives. Yah I was in love with prospects even back then and I was stunned Dombrowski gave up all 3. I remember thinking if I was an Expos fan I’m done.

About 10 years ago I was in section 32 left field (non alcohol section easy to get and like LF better but a couple of vodka nips in a large lemonade did the trick)

It was pregame and Lee was with Cleveland and talking to another pitcher down by the Green Monster under us. There was a group of young boys screaming at him for the ball he was holding but he seemed oblivious to them. Finally he looks up at them and then diverts his eyes a few feet to my daughter who had said nothing but had her glove and he pointed to her walked over and gently tossed it up.

I still have the ball (amazingly the dog never got it) but it wasn’t signed but it’s got all the MLB stuff

Always liked Lee

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Why hasn't Shaughnessy retired yet?

All a sudden Tom Brady is an ******* primadonna? I dont buy it.

I mean Brady is firmly in that Brett Favre sit on the fence about retirement to avoid camp/offseason workouts in the media stage of his career. Roethlesberger is too the Steelers had to keep drafting QBs to get him to commit to playing past the current season. After his coach screwed him in the Super Bowl to cost him ring #6, now that every other competent QB in the league makes more than him, and now Jimmy G is gone there is no reason for him not to be and thats before getting into the jet setter/celebrity side of things. But even in 2001 before he had a firm grip on Bledsoe's job I remember he was sitting front and center for a gubernatorial debate. Think it just comes down to an active guy who likes to do stuff outside of work. I'm just glad we've been able to win 2 rings since Yoko Bundchen showed up he'd probably have one for each finger by now if not for her.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Tainted meat from Mexico? ADD meds? It's funny how they were throwing this scenario around on Felger and Mazz yesterday, almost like they were aware it was coming down soon...:laugh:

If he took PEDs to heal faster and he misses the first month of the season this year because of taking them, but plays like he played before the knee injury, so be it. 4 games is a nothing trade off for him getting back to where he was faster than he would have.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Tainted meat from Mexico? ADD meds? It's funny how they were throwing this scenario around on Felger and Mazz yesterday, almost like they were aware it was coming down soon...:laugh:

If he took PEDs to heal faster and he misses the first month of the season this year because of taking them, but plays like he played before the knee injury, so be it. 4 games is a nothing trade off for him getting back to where he was faster than he would have.

Exactly my thoughts on why he may have done it.

Reactions: LSCII

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
I really wish the NFL.....and all professional sports.....would just let these guys put whatever they want in their bodies. Eliminate the "random" testing that players know their way around. Eliminate the inconsistent punishments and joke of an appeal process.

They're all doing stuff anyway. Some are just better than others at figuring out how not to get caught. Stop pretending to care, leagues.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I mean Brady is firmly in that Brett Favre sit on the fence about retirement to avoid camp/offseason workouts in the media stage of his career. Roethlesberger is too the Steelers had to keep drafting QBs to get him to commit to playing past the current season. After his coach screwed him in the Super Bowl to cost him ring #6, now that every other competent QB in the league makes more than him, and now Jimmy G is gone there is no reason for him not to be and thats before getting into the jet setter/celebrity side of things. But even in 2001 before he had a firm grip on Bledsoe's job I remember he was sitting front and center for a gubernatorial debate. Think it just comes down to an active guy who likes to do stuff outside of work. I'm just glad we've been able to win 2 rings since Yoko Bundchen showed up he'd probably have one for each finger by now if not for her.
Putting any blame for an athlete's shortcomings on his or her SO is just plain dumb.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I don't really care about PED use. I just said it.

But the first 2 games of the season are against elite defenses, and the third is against Matt Patricia. Losing Jullian for the first four is going to make things tougher than they need to be.

Reactions: dabid

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Supposedly the reddit poster that actually "broke" the Edleman suspension is back and has another huge rumor. Nobody will say what it is, but 98.5 has a story about it and Jerry Thornton from barstool said it was a shocker.

I guess we just wait now?

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Honest question here.

At what point does Kraft step in and remove Belichick before something like this goes down? With all the stuff around Brady/Guerrero and if now Bill is trying to trade Gronk because of whatever reason, does Kraft just say enough? Feels like there's a massive power struggle going on in Patriots land.

He clearly already picked a side when he sided with Brady and basically forced Bill to trade JimmyG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad