Patriots/NFL 2018 Offseason - Edelman suspended 4 games for PED violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Tom Brady trying out to see what his post career life will be like.

Smart move

Very thoughtful of the GOAT to spend Memorial Day in Monaco where he can visit the grave of the lovely Grace Kelly.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I just don't get why these Philly players are still talking about any of this. "Oh their culture sucks!!!" okay great. Their culture has also made them the most successful NA franchise for almost two decades, so clearly something is working.

You won, congrats to you. Shut up.

I'd be pissed if I was their coach to be completely honest.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I hate to ask, but I will anyway...

What is happening with Brady?

It appears he’s having some fun this offseason instead of attending the NE voluntary OTA’s that he always gone to in the past.

I am of two minds on this.

On the one hand, the guy has been “Mr Patriot” since he’s been on the team. He’s taken less money, been a great role model, attended all these voluntary camps and worked as hard as anybody even after he established himself as a great player. If he’s just taking the offseason a little slow after a long year that ended on a sour note, I’m good with it.

On the other hand, if this is some sort of “message” to Kraft and/or B.B. about Alex Guerrero and doesn’t have anything to do with trying to just “take it a little easier” heading into another long season, then I have an issue with it.

Although he didn’t attend the voluntary OTA’s, there have been multiple reports from various sources that Brady has been working out this offseason on his own, most recently with Edelman. I guess the real test is whether or not he’s at the Mandatory camps, one of which begins tomorrow I believe. Bob Kraft reported in the last couple of weeks that Brady would be attending the mandatory training (Gronk supposedly has said in the last couple of days that he will be there also).

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
So sick of this drama. BOTH OF THESE f***ERS (Bill and Tom) NEED TO GROW THE f*** UP.

Reactions: Orr2Neely8

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
So sick of this drama. BOTH OF THESE ****ERS (Bill and Tom) NEED TO GROW THE **** UP.

Is there really that much drama? I think there is some friction there, but a lot of this stuff (like almost everything else lol) is media driven.

These guys have been together for almost 20 years and this has been the first real hiccup. To have a professional sports “couple” last that long is unheard of.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Is there really that much drama? I think there is some friction there, but a lot of this stuff (like almost everything else lol) is media driven.

These guys have been together for almost 20 years and this has been the first real hiccup. To have a professional sports “couple” last that long is unheard of.

Good point. I guess I am sick of hearing the media talk about it.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
People in the media have been all over Brady for not attending the voluntary camps and it's nonsense. They're saying it shows Brady isn't putting the team first, showing a lack of respect for BB as his coach, etc. But in reality, the person that put his own personal crap ahead of the team was Belichick, when he benched Butler in the Super Bowl over some petty nonsense. If the guy who has been preaching just do your job isn't actually following his own structure he incorporated, why should Brady or Gronk show up for something that's not mandatory? This isn't a Brady problem. It's a lack of credibility by the HC of the NEP.

Reactions: VegasPatriot

sleepyh

Jun 29, 2007
Brattleboro
The media is talking all of this up to a larger degree than it likely actually is; in part because there seems to be this interest in attempting to deconstruct the ever successful Patriots (cough ESPN cough), and also to push out more articles and get more people talking about it. And its clearly working. Non-issues in my book. Everything will be fine, barring injuries.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’m can no longer buy any products Peyton Manning endorses after the latest story he used PED

This hurts as I love chicken parm

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
I’m can no longer buy any products Peyton Manning endorses after the latest story he used PED

This hurts as I love chicken parm

If that's your criteria, I've got some good news and some bad news.

Good news: you'll be saving a ton of money going forward.
Bad news: you can no longer buy anything.

The unofficial over/under on the number of NFL players who have NOT used PEDs = 12.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The media is talking all of this up to a larger degree than it likely actually is; in part because there seems to be this interest in attempting to deconstruct the ever successful Patriots (cough ESPN cough), and also to push out more articles and get more people talking about it. And its clearly working. Non-issues in my book. Everything will be fine, barring injuries.

CHB just drove up in an oil tanker and lit the match

DAN SHAUGHNESSY

Dear Tom Brady: Can you please explain a few things to us?

Dear Tom,
What happened?
Or, as Richard Sherman once asked . . . you mad, bro?

Seriously. At what point, precisely, did you decide you like the world of Thurston Howell III more than the football world of Fuzzy Thurston? When did you make the leap from stopwatches to TAG Heuer watches? How can you possibly feel underappreciated when you work here in New England, where every sports citizen wants to throw rose petals in your path, then wash your feet and kiss your five championship rings?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
CHB just drove up in an oil tanker and lit the match

DAN SHAUGHNESSY

Dear Tom Brady: Can you please explain a few things to us?

Dear Tom,
What happened?
Or, as Richard Sherman once asked . . . you mad, bro?

Seriously. At what point, precisely, did you decide you like the world of Thurston Howell III more than the football world of Fuzzy Thurston? When did you make the leap from stopwatches to TAG Heuer watches? How can you possibly feel underappreciated when you work here in New England, where every sports citizen wants to throw rose petals in your path, then wash your feet and kiss your five championship rings?
Thurston Howell III like it

One of greatest shows all time

I put Gronk with Mary Ann and I think it lasts after they got home when they are rescued

JE11 is soooo Ginger but I think he dumps her but stays in JE Jr life and Is a good dad

5 Rings shipwrecked ?

And what happened to Guerrero

Reactions: Fenway

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

Boston media are at the point they should be 100% ignored just like ESPN when it comes to the Pats. If they focus on taking down the GOAT, they aren't part of pats nation

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Boston media are at the point they should be 100% ignored just like ESPN when it comes to the Pats. If they focus on taking down the GOAT, they aren't part of pats nation

yup, following sports becomes infinitely more enjoyable when you cut out the media.

no more are the days of actual sports journalism where you actually learned things and it enhanced your sport viewing.

nowadays its lowest common demoninator TMZ style "journalism". Just a bunch of rumor mongering and gossip with zero value or substance

BiggioRainesHOF

May 19, 2017
yup, following sports becomes infinitely more enjoyable when you cut out the media.

no more are the days of actual sports journalism where you actually learned things and it enhanced your sport viewing.

nowadays its lowest common demoninator TMZ style "journalism". Just a bunch of rumor mongering and gossip with zero value or substance

If you know who to follow and how to avoid the lowest common denominator, sports journalism is infinitely more informative now than it used to be.

Reactions: DKH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad