• Poll closed .

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
clear-495a83e08fc8e5d7569efe6339a1228ee08292fa1f2bee8e0be6532990cb3852.gif
ap,550x550,12x12,1,transparent,t.png

Cubs fans right now :laugh: :laugh:

Guess we wont b seeing KBIB till March when he attempts to bash everyones favorite team. Thank God.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Well the loss didn't stop MLB network from slobbering all over the Cubs for fifteen minutes this morning. I guess they need to get what they can since Colorado didn't get the memo about not beating one of the media darlings.

Cubs really have no one to blame but themselves. They had a comfortable division lead and weren't very good down the stretch, then scored two runs in two playoff games, both at home.

Maddon continues to be perplexing. Really not seeing what people see in this guy.

Reactions: Voight

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Well the loss didn't stop MLB network from slobbering all over the Cubs for fifteen minutes this morning. I guess they need to get what they can since Colorado didn't get the memo about not beating one of the media darlings.

Cubs really have no one to blame but themselves. They had a comfortable division lead and weren't very good down the stretch, then scored two runs in two playoff games, both at home.

But lets give credit to Milwaukee... they were 20-6 in September

Cheese Wagstaff

Dec 11, 2017
it is. Maddon managed the Cubs to 3 straight NLCS berths, and one WS. And everyone is talking about him being overrated? Biggest bunch of crap I've heard in 20 years.

He’s had one of, it not the most, talented teams in the NL each of those years, so it’s not like he has them punching above their weight or anything that would actually impress me. I’m not going to pretend I watch him all regular season, but in his Cubs tenure I’ve just found him to make tons of tactical mistakes, mostly in regards to bullpen matchups.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
it is. Maddon managed the Cubs to 3 straight NLCS berths, and one WS. And everyone is talking about him being overrated? Biggest bunch of crap I've heard in 20 years.

Nonsense. With that talent he should be getting them to the playoffs every year. Arguably were it not for a massive choke by Cleveland the Cubs would still be looking for their first WS in forever.

Just looking at this year in particular, the Cubs had so many chances to salt that division away and never did. Particularly down the stretch. I'm sick to death of hearing about the creativity and innovations from Maddon. Especially when these experts keep blathering on about it even after his loaded team scored a grand total of two runs in two critical games. Not to mention letting the division slip away for one thing.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Damn, that's gotta suck having to watch your team lose on their own turf, back to back nights, with little to no offense shown by the hometown Cubs in either game.

Thought for sure the Cubs had the upper hand when it was all square and headed to extras, but I guess the gods of baseball had other ideas.

Rockies/Brewers should be a killer matchup.

Cheese Wagstaff

Dec 11, 2017
I wouldn’t fire Maddon because it seems like he’s a good clubhouse guy, but I just don’t think he’s very good tactically.

I will say, I think it’s more or less impossible to judge a hitting coach, and I loved Chili Davis as a player/video game character, but I’d fire him for sure. I’m surprised they haven’t announced it already to be honest.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeCubs and Otto

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
He’s had one of, it not the most, talented teams in the NL each of those years, so it’s not like he has them punching above their weight or anything that would actually impress me. I’m not going to pretend I watch him all regular season, but in his Cubs tenure I’ve just found him to make tons of tactical mistakes, mostly in regards to bullpen matchups.

Going into 2015 who other than Rizzo would you describe as "talented"? And even Rizzo had only the one good season prior.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Going into 2015 who other than Rizzo would you describe as "talented"? And even Rizzo had only the one good season prior.

Jon Lester?

They were loaded with good young talent and some really solid players. 2015 was KBIB's first year but he was a highly touted prospect that made an immediate impact as an all-star and ROY winner. The 2015 season is probably the one where you could say Maddon did a good job getting the most out of his team and exceeded expectations. 2016 they were stacked with a lot of guys having career years they haven't replicated. They won it all so yeah, pat on the back there. 2017 and 2018 were pretty big failures though.

Cheese Wagstaff

Dec 11, 2017

I mean beyond Rizzo they had the #2, 5, and 19 prospects in baseball and had just graduated 2014’s #4 prospect (Baez). They brought in the biggest pitcher in free agency, Arrietta was coming off a 2.50 ERA, Hendricks was promising. There were also a few solid veterans in Fowler and Montero and I think we were mostly still excited about Starlin that winter. Like I don’t think they were being projected as a 97 win team, but everyone was expecting the Cubs to make The Leap shortly. They made it a year early and if you want to credit Maddon for that it’s fine by me, but it doesn’t change my opinion that his tactical work has been a negative for them and that you can’t just say he’s a good manager just because the Cubs have been successful with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad