GDT: 2018 NLWC - Colorado Rockies @ Chicago Cubs - 10/2 @ 8:05 PM

Who advances to the NLDS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I watched a lot of Cubs games in the last week and they never looked quite right. Their schedule was hellacious down the stretch and it probably took a lot out of them.

I suspect Bryant will have surgery for his shoulder problem. He was clearly nowhere near the player he should be.

I think something will have to give with Maddon. Either they fire him or they have to take away some of his options and he has to start fielding a more stable lineup. I can't imagine a lot of their players are thrilled with constantly switching from position to position (sometimes in the course of a game) and never knowing what to expect day-by-day with regards to their spot in lineup. They have too good of a team to be constantly moving the pieces around like he does.

I can already hear the TV execs crying over the Brewers-Rockies series and it's glorious.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I guess this is the Coors/Miller series now

CoorsLight-vs-MillerLite.jpg

Reactions: Voight and TorMenT

Cheese Wagstaff

Dec 11, 2017
I can’t get over what it must feel like to have the away team celebrate on your field twice in two days.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
With the exception of 2016 it seems the first WC game is always good and the one the next night is a blowout

Cheese Wagstaff

Dec 11, 2017
I think PRing Rizzo there is fine but the end result can't be Gore is then in your OF for the rest of the game because you have no other options.

That missed Gore.

They botched the roster decision making if they didn’t have a way to get Gore out of the game after pinch running. I mean that was the 8th inning and they were out of position players essentially. In a one game playoff where they could set a special roster for. Absurd.

Cheese Wagstaff

Dec 11, 2017
I also don’t get letting Gore swing 3-2 and I’m even more confused he got a breaking ball out of the zone. Just everything about his appearance tonight was weird after the initial pinch running.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The Rockies, the team that could never pitch, won a huge game with their arms.

Is this real life?

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I can't see them getting past the A's.

The A's have to prove it. They're like the KC Chiefs- one playoff series/game win in the last 20+ years.

Different players, different coaches/managers, but I keep waiting for them to flip the script.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
So go figure, the much maligned Rockies bullpen does their job over the last 5 innings

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
I watched a lot of Cubs games in the last week and they never looked quite right. Their schedule was hellacious down the stretch and it probably took a lot out of them.

I suspect Bryant will have surgery for his shoulder problem. He was clearly nowhere near the player he should be.

I think something will have to give with Maddon. Either they fire him or they have to take away some of his options and he has to start fielding a more stable lineup. I can't imagine a lot of their players are thrilled with constantly switching from position to position (sometimes in the course of a game) and never knowing what to expect day-by-day with regards to their spot in lineup. They have too good of a team to be constantly moving the pieces around like he does.

I can already hear the TV execs crying over the Brewers-Rockies series and it's glorious.

Maddon is fine. The roster was built to allow flexibility. If anyone is gone it'll be Chilli Davis. Some playrs showed improvement this season (Baez, Heyward, Zobrist) But the hitting wasn't there when it needed to be

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad