GDT: 2018 NLWC - Colorado Rockies @ Chicago Cubs - 10/2 @ 8:05 PM

Who advances to the NLDS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
In light of what happened today, Denver sports needs a pick-me-up positive win in the worst way.

Rockies lose the NL West, Broncos blow a 10+ 4th quarter lead at home....

Last edited:

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
Lester will toss a gem, Rockies have to be tired.

Either way I will enjoy the first round vs Brewers.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Don’t understand starting Freeland on short rest. More often than not with this new generation of young pitchers that move backfires. That said I’m not sure it matters. Lester is usually money in these games

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't understand why this game is first when the Yankees and A's haven't played since Sunday.

The Rockies, already a weak team with essentially a 2 man offense and a very meh bullpen are starting a guy on three day's rest, after travelling 3 time zones in 3 days are trying to beat the Cubs, who while having to play yesterday as well got to do it at home.

There's no conspiracy or anything here but i can't help but feel the MLB is unintentionally screwing the Rockies. Cubs win, and probably win big.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
If the Cubs win tonight, I feel they are going to win the NL Pennant.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
There's a "Statcast" broadcast of the game on ESPN2 featuring Petriello and Eduardo Perez as opposed to the regular game broadcast on ESPN with Vasgersian and Rodriquez. Weird, I don't ever recall something like that.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Going with the Cubs. Freeland on 3 days rest leaves me unconvinced.

I don't understand why this game is first when the Yankees and A's haven't played since Sunday.

The Rockies, already a weak team with essentially a 2 man offense and a very meh bullpen are starting a guy on three day's rest, after travelling 3 time zones in 3 days are trying to beat the Cubs, who while having to play yesterday as well got to do it at home.

There's no conspiracy or anything here but i can't help but feel the MLB is unintentionally screwing the Rockies. Cubs win, and probably win big.

These WC games were scheduled weeks ago for these 2 days.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
are the rockies a running team?

they can really take advantage of lester's inability to hold runners on like the royals did in 14. although i'm guessing contreras is far better at throwing guys out than derek norris was. ok i'll stop before my PTSD from that game kicks in

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->