Pre-Game Talk: 2018 NHL Playoffs Round 1: (1) Tampa Bay Lightning vs (WC2) New Jersey Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Can't underestimate them but I feel that we are the better team. Gotta come out hard and fast with a blitzkrieg of shots. Don't let up and finish this series fast. I want the bolts to end this in no more than 5 games.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm liking these lines.

Well you got all 4 lines that can score now, a top line with a 100 point player, a middle six with two 60 point players having breakout seasons, and a 4th line that can really kick the crap out of the opponents on the boards. Did not have all of that last time. Also, don't forget about Johnson and Killorn who are playoff beasts. Just have to hope that the Big Cat is up for the challenge, and the D can play solid. I'm optimistic. But think it will be a long series, imo.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
IF (and it is a big IF right now until they prove otherwise) they come out and commit to consistent effort every game, they're going to steamroll the Devils.

If they try and sleep through parts of the game, they're gonna get bounced real quick.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
IF (and it is a big IF right now until they prove otherwise) they come out and commit to consistent effort every game, they're going to steamroll the Devils.

If they try and sleep through parts of the game, they're gonna get bounced real quick.

Its all about effort. They need to prove to me that they were just coasting these last months. I like how we have played lately but Vasi needs to be better. If he plays well, really like our chances this series. Really if he plays well, I like our chances overall.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Its all about effort. They need to prove to me that they were just coasting these last months. I like how we have played lately but Vasi needs to be better. If he plays well, really like our chances this series. Really if he plays well, I like our chances overall.

This. Vasy has been pretty much outright bad the last month or so. Even if he can settle down and just be average it'll be hard to beat TB assuming the effort is there.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
This. Vasy has been pretty much outright bad the last month or so. Even if he can settle down and just be average it'll be hard to beat TB assuming the effort is there.

I have some confidence that he will. Not really the greatest reason but I just think back to how he was in the series against the Pens. I mean he was the reason why we had any chance in that series. Was so dialed in and focused. I feel like he will be now that we are back in the playoffs. Couldnt tell you for sure though.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I have some confidence that he will. Not really the greatest reason but I just think back to how he was in the series against the Pens. I mean he was the reason why we had any chance in that series. Was so dialed in and focused. I feel like he will be now that we are back in the playoffs. Couldnt tell you for sure though.
He's shown recently (Boston) that he hasn't totally lost it this season, but then he looked less than stellar vs Buffalo. I think he can get up for big games. Time to show it.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Guys, kinkaid is an undrafted career backup ala Ottawa cheeseburger guy. If he beats us this series it will be due to crushing defensive schemes from the system.

Personally, I’d wager we see Schneider at least once.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Guys got an unexpected pick-me-up with the Boston loss last night.

Crossing my fingers but I expect these guys to be laser focused come Thursday. I think they do turn it on big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad