2018 NHL GM Rankings #8

Just pick 8

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
My point is it's dumb to show how great Kekailanen has been with a few select trades when his teams have never won a playoff series in their franchise history and last season blowing a 2-0 series lead to the Capitals, after winning the first two games on the road.

Now I realize Kyle Dubas has not yet won a playoff series as an NHL GM, however the Toronto Marlies just won the 2018 Calder Cup and he was the GM responsible for that team. Of course since that's the AHL I know others will say it does not count, but I figure mentioning it can not hurt him.

There are a lot of GMs that won in the AHL. And none of them are top ten NHL GMs until they win in the NHL. Or are a GM for a full season. Won a playoff series. Won a game....

Long story short, Dubas should not be voted in now or anytime soon.

Reactions: major major

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Sorry to disappoint you but it looks like that's going to happen a lot faster than you wanted.

That's fantastic. No one cares. Its just sad that you guys can't even be umbiased in meaningless polls. Its a blessing if he gets voted in. Now the rest of the voting can be reasonable.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
That's fantastic. No one cares. Its just sad that you guys can't even be umbiased in meaningless polls. Its a blessing if he gets voted in. Now the rest of the voting can be reasonable.
If it's a meaningless poll why do you care where Dubas would finish? It's not like he was voted #1 or even in the top 5.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
If it's a meaningless poll why do you care where Dubas would finish? It's not like he was voted #1 or even in the top 5.

I dont care. I just said I am happy he will be voted so it can go on in peace. I can still share an opinion, though. Stop being so childish.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Yeah maybe your right. At least we can get these guys outta here now after their guy they finally got enough of them to vote him in. Back to normal i guess now, I was about to throw in the towel on these rankings cause having a GM with no resume get 8th was the dumbest thing Ive seen in 3 years of doing these polls but it should be expected from these people, its what they do. At least now we can move fwd. Youve convinced me, 9 is NEXT

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Yeah maybe your right. At least we can get these guys outta here now after their guy they finally got enough of them to vote him in. Back to normal i guess now, I was about to throw in the towel on these rankings cause having a GM with no resume get 8th was the dumbest thing Ive seen in 3 years of doing these polls but it should be expected from these people, its what they do. At least now we can move fwd. Youve convinced me, 9 is NEXT
You must have a huge hate for the Leafs because when you did the top 31 head coaches poll and every teams 2019 Stanley Cup odds poll, when Mike Babcock and the Leafs themselves finally got the most votes you complained about that on the next question when they were no longer an option to be selected.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
You must have a huge hate for the Leafs because when you did the top 31 head coaches poll and every teams 2019 Stanley Cup odds poll, when Mike Babcock and the Leafs themselves finally got the most votes you complained about that on the next question when they were no longer an option to be selected.
Well should be the last of you people for the remaining GM polls :nod:

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Does dubas's ahl and ohl resume not count?

Most of the GM's left have negative strikes against them...Dubas does not.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA

Haater should never be able to convince anyone of anything.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Is Dubas still the 8th best Gm in the league? Seems weird he was ranked so high before doing anything. Especially because leafs fans are always unbiased.

It’s no different than when Edmonton was voted the #2 cup favorite the year after they made the playoffs :laugh:

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
I find these ranking polls to always to be very sketchy.

Dubas "winning" at 25% means that 75% of people thought thought someone else was better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad