GDT: 2018 NHL Entry Draft: Round 1 Finished; Rounds 2 -7 Remain - Common Trades!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeroNtF

Jul 9, 2012
Dubas gets fleeced in the trade down, then makes this pick. LOL. Gotta think that people loving this pick have never actually watched a SSM game. He is incredibly underwhelming and soft. He will get ABUSED at the NHL level.

That's why you only scout NHL players, not kids.

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
High IQ above all else fits Babcocks puck possession system. Size can be added through trade.

Agree 100% that he is a smart player. He has too many physical limitations to warrant being selected this high.

Dubas couldn't stop running his mouth about how he was looking for high ceiling players. Well, he just did the exact opposite of what he has been preaching.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Looks like they're true to the take the BPA regardless of need.
Again well see.
We will see if he’s the BPA compared to Valeno at center. Or Thomas.
At this moment I don’t see what they do. I will let him change my mind. The pick doesn’t thrill me at the moment.

HeroNtF

Jul 9, 2012
If he translates into one.
You can also never have enough quality centers in today’s game.
Again, I’ll reserve judgment but not my choice. I’ll let him change my mind.

Quality centers if they translate into one.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Agree 100% that he is a smart player. He has too many physical limitations to warrant being selected this high.

Dubas couldn't stop running his mouth about how he was looking for high ceiling players. Well, he just did the exact opposite of what he has been preaching.
5'11 - 184p
Not a midget or underweight.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Hoping for Rasmus Sandin. Fast skating, puck moving defencemen are a premium these days, and you just never know with these Swedish defencemen, could be a steal. With the Soo being Dubas' former team before he joined us in 2014, you know he kept tabs on the team and Sandin as well this year.
:)

Reactions: SavedByRoy

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Didn't take much experience for the Isles picking 11 and 12 to see who dropped into their laps after the Habs and Coyotes went off the board.
Kotkaniemi was always going to go in the top 11, or at least since April.

Kravtsov was the shock, as some teams wouldn't touch him, but I expected NYR to pick him, which they did.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
5'11 - 184p
Not a midget or underweight.
Well wait, 184 is a solid weight for an 18 year old 5-11 D. He'll for sure put on at least another ten before he makes it, and I'd wager he'd break 200. I don't love the pick however I do think he'll be a good one. Just remember Dermott topped out at 45p in 61g in Erie and Sandin did 45 in 51 this year... without McDavid or top PP time. You have to give prospects a few years, who knows what we will have on RD down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad