GDT: 2018 NHL Entry Draft: Round 1 Finished; Rounds 2 -7 Remain - Common Trades!

Status
Not open for further replies.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
So who are we hoping for!?!? Akil Thomas, K'Andre Miller, Rasmus Sandin, Alex Alexeyev, Martin Kaut, ????

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Going to guess Merkley.

Last year we got a top 5-10 talent because of mono. This year we may get one again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duckrider

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Too many permutations to worry about who we take at #25 for me. I just hope it is not another Biggs. I don't know all the off ice issues Merkley has but if he is available at #52, I would take a flyer on him. I'd rather take a shot at a guy with a high ceiling than a safe pick that may never make it. I don't think we have enough high ceiling prospects on the farm other than Lily and I don't see us drafting high enough over the next 5 years to draft more.

SweLeafsFan

Jun 30, 2009
Sweden
I feel like a kid at Christmas, other people where I live prepare and look forward to midsummer celebrations but I can only think about the draft. I know nothing about the players that are projected to go ~25th I just look forward to welcoming the newest member of the Maple Leafs family.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Hoping for Rasmus Sandin. Fast skating, puck moving defencemen are a premium these days, and you just never know with these Swedish defencemen, could be a steal. With the Soo being Dubas' former team before he joined us in 2014, you know he kept tabs on the team and Sandin as well this year.

taurine330

Nov 28, 2015
Stockholm
I feel like a kid at Christmas, other people where I live prepare and look forward to midsummer celebrations but I can only think about the draft. I know nothing about the players that are projected to go ~25th I just look forward to welcoming the newest member of the Maple Leafs family.
Same here mate. Couldn't care less about midsummer. This is far more important.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
HF's favourite day! Would love to see some big moves tonight, spice up the broadcast a bit.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Don't see anything happening today tbh not even making a pick. If anything, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up trading back into the second round

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
I guess it's a good sign that I'm not as pumped for the draft as during the last 15 years. Be it because of the low draft pick or because of a great young Leafs team.

So I won't stay up half of the night but am still very interested to read about our picks the next few days. Kind of an anniversary because that was the first thing I did on hfboards 10 years ago when I discovered this board after many years of reading hockeys future articles.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Got a feeling we'll be trading out of the 1st round for a couple extra picks in the 2nd/3rd.

Dubas will likely take a defender. I am sure if multiple players he likes are on the board ,he may.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Draft Day--1st Round Hopes & Dreams

The Ultimate (other than Dahlin) If We Trade Way Up

Noah Dobson

If They Start To Fall Trade Up...
Adam Boqvist
Ty Smith
Joe Veleno

In Our Range I'd Be Happy With Any of...
K'Andre Miller
Vitali Kravstov
Michael Samuelsson
Alexander Alexeyev
Nils Lundqvist
Jake Wise
Jonatan Berggren
Grigori Denisenko
Dominik Bokk
Jared McIsaac
Rasmus Sandin

Not As Happy With & Would Question It Now, But Trust Dubas & Gladly Admit I Was Wrong If He Fixes His Deficiencies Pick
Ryan Merkley

Last edited:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Draft Day--1st Round Hopes & Dreams

The Ultimate (other than Dahlin) If We Trade Way Up

Noah Dobson

If They Start To Fall Trade Up...
Adam Boqvist
Ty Smith
Joe Veleno

In Our Range I'd Be Happy With Any of...
K'Andre Miller
Vitali Kravstov
Michael Samuelsson
Alexander Alexeyev
Nils Lundqvist
Jake Wise
Jonatan Berggren
Grigori Denisenko
Dominik Bokk
Jared McIsaac
Rasmus Sandin

Looks good. Pretty confident we are taking a D.

Reactions: AppsSyl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad