GDT: 2018 NHL Draft Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I mean at #17 the most likely thing to happen is we draft a kid who becomes a good player for us a few years down the road. That is perfectly fine, but it isn’t really exciting.

Maybe we get lucky and draft a stud but who knows.

I am hoping for some fireworks.

Reactions: Aethon

devilsfan35

Jun 15, 2015
Who is the last mid first rounder we drafted that became a steal? We are due for a big pick tonight!

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
Could be something to that Dougie Hamilton talk....

Hoppfully Ray is all in on that.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
sort of OT, but did people know the 2003 draft was gonna be as amazing as it turned out to be, at the time?

Yup, it was thought to be very stacked. And on the flip side, everybody knew 1996 was gonna be rough.

And there's an article from 2009 which mentioned how the early projections from 2012 looked really poor. While there was some talent produced, that top 4 of Yakupov-Murray-Galchenyuk-Reinhart looks pretty bad at the moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: OmNomNom

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
uj6zzYH.png

YOU KNOW THEY SAY ALL TEAMS ARE CREATED EQUAL. BUT YOU LOOK AT US AND YOU LOOK AT RANGERS AND YOU CAN SEE THAT STATEMENT IS NOT TRUE! SEE NORMALLY IF YOU GO 1 ON 1 WITH ANOTHER GM YOU GOT A 50/50 CHANCE OF WINNING A TRADE! BUT I, RAY SHERO, AM A GENETIC FREAK AND I'M NOT NORMAL! SO YOU GOT A 25% AT BEST AT BEATING ME! AND THEN YOU ADD THE OILERS TO THE MIX, THE CHANCES OF WINNING DRASTIC GO DOWN! SEE THE 3 WAY AT THE DRAFT YOU GOT A 33 1/3 CHANCE OF WINNING. BUT I, I GOT A 66 2/3 CHANCE OF WINNING CAUSE THE OILERS KNOW THEY CAN'T BEAT ME AND THEY'RE NOT EVEN GONNA TRY! SO RANGERS, YOU TAKE YOUR 33 1/3 CHANCE MINUS MY 25% CHANCE AND YOU GOT 8 1/3 CHANCE OF WINNING AT THE DRAFT. BUT THEN YOU TAKE MY 75% CHANCE OF WINNING IF WE WAS TO GO 1 ON 1 AND THEN ADD 66 2/3 %. I GOT A 141 2/3 CHANCE OF WINNING AT THE DRAFT! RANGERS?? THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE AND THEY SPELL DISASTER FOR YOU IN TEXAS!

(sorry mods dont hurt me)

XS5LK.gif

Whenever I read somebody talk about odds, I invariably start reading it in Scott Steiner's voice.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Could be something to that Dougie Hamilton talk....

Hoppfully Ray is all in on that.

That would be amazing.

Then I could see Severson becoming more expendable if he nets an upgrade on the left side. But I won't get too ahead of myself lol

Reactions: SeidoN

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
That would be amazing.

Then I could see Severson becoming more expendable if he nets an upgrade on the left side. But I won't get too ahead of myself lol

watch Shero get Dougie then flip Severson for more than he paid for Dougie lol

Reactions: Jan Ludvig

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I’m actually not really that into the draft this year. Maybe it’s picking further down than usual but I haven’t been overly invested in the process. Will watch tonight but there’s like 10 guys I would be okay with. (i.e trade down)

I don’t know a whole lot about this years prospects so I can’t be too mad about whoever we take.

I guess my pick is Kupari if available if we stay at our spot. Would rather slip back a few spots and snag Sandin.

One of Miller, Kupari or Kravtsov should be available at 17, and I'm going to say the Devils get one of those three guys.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I’m actually not really that into the draft this year. Maybe it’s picking further down than usual but I haven’t been overly invested in the process. Will watch tonight but there’s like 10 guys I would be okay with. (i.e trade down)

Yeah I hear ya, it's nice not to have the draft be the highlight of the offseason for once (Hall winning the Hart is above that already). I'm more looking forward to tonight to see what else happens around the league but am not expecting fireworks from us unless Ray swings a deal involving the first-round pick.

Reactions: StevenToddIves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad