Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft - Shall We Begin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Rank them 1-10

Jesperi Kotkaniemi
Joel Farabee
Joey Veleno
Barrett Hayton
Vitali Kravtsov
Martin Kaut
Rasmus Kupari
Isac Lundestrom
Jonatan Berggren
Serron Noel

Tough. I'm still fine tuning these players. At the moment I have:

1. Kravtsov
2. Berggren
3. Veleno
4. Farabee
5. Kotkaniemi
6. Kaut
7. Hayton
8. Lundestrom
9. Noel
10. Kupari

Reactions: hatcher

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I have him in a clear, but small tier above this group.
He's a guy I'm still getting a read on and haven't watched him as much as some others. I might end up moving him further up. Sort of like Veleno, I wasn't crazy about him at first due to some lackluster video, but as I watch more I'm coming around on him. I don't think he's better than Kravtsov or Berggren, though.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
tbh I feel like we'd be able to get Kravstov at 19.

however if they have a hunch NJD or CBJ like him, then cool with him at 14.

Didn't CBJ pretty much cast aside the thought of taking Russians in the 1st round after they got burnt so badly by Zherdev & Filatov?

Who has a better memory than me and can confirm or deny this?

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
He's a guy I'm still getting a read on and haven't watched him as much as some others. I might end up moving him further up. Sort of like Veleno, I wasn't crazy about him at first due to some lackluster video, but as I watch more I'm coming around on him. I don't think he's better than Kravtsov or Berggren, though.

I've been a big fan of his for a while. I have him on the same tier as Dobson, Tkachuk, and Wahlstrom. I definitely have him on above Kravstov and Berggren. But, it is likely pointless discussing him. There is a ~0% chance he is available at 14.

Reactions: Morinisbear

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
HD9XCBf.gif

(Charlie made the Flyers picks fwiw)

Yeah I did see that it was actually Charlie.

Neither pick would surprise me. If we go with Kravstov at 14 then going with a safer pick and their much-beloved 2way Center in Lundestrom at 19 would not at all be surprising.

Kaut outside the 1st though?

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I've been a big fan of his for a while. I have him on the same tier as Dobson, Tkachuk, and Wahlstrom. I definitely have him on above Kravstov and Berggren. But, it is likely pointless discussing him. There is a ~0% chance he is available at 14.
His size and strength stand out for his age, and he moves well for his size. I'm sure scouts love those things about him. It bothers me a bit that he seems to get a lot of his goals on shots from rather far away from the net, yet not in the Wahlstrom rocket off the wing type way. There's something there that is making me question his NHL offensive ceiling a bit. Sort of a Tuomo Ruutu type worry.

Reactions: FlyTimmo

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Rank them 1-10

Jesperi Kotkaniemi
Joel Farabee
Joey Veleno
Barrett Hayton
Vitali Kravtsov
Martin Kaut
Rasmus Kupari
Isac Lundestrom
Jonatan Berggren
Serron Noel

Kotkaniemi
Berggren
Farabee
Kravtsov
Lundestrom
Kaut
Kupari
Hayton
Veleno
Noel

I equally like the top 3 so it’s kinda hard to rank them.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

Voracek? If they say so. :eyeroll:

I couldn't think of a more off-base comparison than Voracek, but you have a Czech and need to compare him to a Flyers Czech I guess. If I'm picking a Czech, it's more like a purer scoring, wing version of Hertl. Maybe a prime Steen or something if we can move past Czechs. I don't know. It's not Jake though!

I am going to be so relieved when Tkachuk is picked and is not available for a trade-up. I live in fear that we are targeting a move to get him.

"Look on my Curls and RBF, ye Mighty, and despair!"

283.jpg

Last edited:

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Didn't CBJ pretty much cast aside the thought of taking Russians in the 1st round after they got burnt so badly by Zherdev & Filatov?

Who has a better memory than me and can confirm or deny this?

Filatov was the last Russian they took earlier than the third round.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I still want Farabee at 14 and that hasnt changed. I am constantly going back and forth on who I like most after him. Starting to like Kravtsov more and more lately. I just dont see Hextall and co passing on guys like Hayton and Veleno for a Kravtsov or Kaut.

Reactions: GirouxCouturier

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
@Magua

Have you seen much of Ylönen? He seems like a late riser that could maybe slide into the late-1st round. I have been fairly impressed in my limited viewings.

He seems like he might be more of a project due to his game not being that well-refined. His defensive game could use a little work, but his skating and hands are outstanding. He is excellent at every aspect of skating: changing speeds, acceleration, top-end, agility, etc. His hands are also quite good.

I don't know why he isn't ranked higher tbh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rebels57

JayB

May 30, 2012
Is there any potential clear bottom6 players for our pipeline at later rounds? Like mean gritty sportmans for our speed game? Something similar like Tom Wilson ?

I still fell little bad cause we have missed Wilson, Tuck, Ritchie brothers, Greenway. (And yeap, i know those have been high picks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad