Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft - Shall We Begin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Somebody followed up with this guys rumors about how accurate, I think he got 2 things right, one was a goalie acquisition, but I remember when he started the conversation was a lot earlier than Mrazek's arrival, and the only reason Mrazek's was traded was they needed a pro goalie.

I forget the other thing.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I have a companion piece for you:

Multiple deals already in place. Multiple. He's a journalist. He journaled this information.

1H69.gif

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I wouldn't hate if they moved up to grab Dobson or Tkachuk but, I'd be surprised if they did. Both seem like they are destine to go ~top7 and that would require a fairly solid package.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I'd take Tkachuk with our 7th rounder (and then trade him), but someone is going to fall for his fat family's antics before that, so I'd rather stand pat and draft someone less certain to get super fat.

Reactions: hatcher

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I’m not really sure what that has to do with it. You have dedicated scouts for individual leagues/territories like Ontario and Quebec and Western Canada. You have a dedicated USHL scout. And that’s scouting one league (mostly....the top Junior A players too). Finland has a high level junior league and a top pro level league encompassing the entire nation’s hockey — and what a hockey nation it is and only improving. It’s not about size but talent pool. They had so many kids on that u18 team this year who look like 1sts and weren’t even eligible yet.

I’m sure they don’t just write it off and have cross over scouting (though that’s not exactly easy), but that means if you don’t use a 1st rounder on a no-brainer like Kotkaniemi or Heiskanen, you’re probably not finding that Finnish steal in the mid-late rounds. And your guy might not come to bat for them as hard as their own territory too. It feels like an obvious area to put more resources in, and the Flyers aren’t a cheap team. I wager most teams have a dedicated Finnish scout.

I'm sure the Flyers will end up hiring a dedicated scout for Finland -- I think this is only the 3rd season they haven't had one, since Nitty went full time as a GM there -- but they obviously feel adequately covered with their other European scouts making trips and with whatever consultants and connections they have in the country.

Just because they don't have a full-time Finnish scout on the payroll doesn't mean they aren't paying people in the region for scouting reports & tips. In a similar vein, I'm pretty sure the Flyers were in-between Swedish scouts when they drafted Hagg, but they had still scouted him through their other scouts and consultants in the country.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I'm pretty sure the Flyers were in-between Swedish scouts when they drafted Hagg, but they had still scouted him through their other scouts and consultants in the country.

You just explained why the Flyers need a dedicated Finnish scout. ;)

But again, he was a 1st rounder to many. Everyone knew of him; he wasn't some stealth pick.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Don’t follow the draft players throughout the year other than on here, but I kind of hope we trade into that 7-9 range and grab Tkachuk/Wahlstrom/Top Dman.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Tkachuk could be a solid replacement for Simmonds if he were to be moved for futures and he should hopefully be ready by 19-20.

Reactions: hatcher

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Makes it even more unrealistic then it already is. Like why the **** would the Stars move back for Mrazek? :laugh:

Then, why would Hextall trade up and then trade back again. It is like someone on the Flyers facebook page took over for that mock.

Its important to remember that mock drafts are just for fun :laugh:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Tkachuk could be a solid replacement for Simmonds if he were to be moved for futures and he should hopefully be ready by 19-20.
The only place that Simmonds needs to be replaced is the PP, and we already have Patrick for that. He's pretty easily replaceable at 5v5.

Reactions: Magua
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad