GDT: 2018 NHL Draft: Picks in Rounds 2, 3, 5, 5, 6, 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Reckon Carolina could use those picks to get Karlsson?

1st + 2nd + Hanifin would seem fair to me.

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
I didn't want to give up a first rounder for Skinner, so I am not sad to hear we did not get him. However, how is Skinner not ideal for this system? If Jeff Skinner is not ideal for this system, then we have a system that is way too exclusive.
He's not fast. And we want fast. He's not good along the boards, and we already have enough of those forwards. While he's responsible defensively, he's not the first name that comes to mind when you think of a "200-foot player."

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

Dumo and Schultz was the big abberatiom and we know that’s not happening again. Neither are close to Letang in tilting the ice.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
i think the operative word for examining movies this offseason, if it hasn't been established already by the principal of optimus interpres rerum est usus, is "the Mix"™ - that will be the lens through which thought should be filtered.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Also according to McGuire, and I am paraphrasing, he is not sure the Penguins are prepared to trade Kessel. However, there are other players Pittsburgh is prepared to trade. If they can get a first-round pick back, they would make the move.

Sounds like Letang and Brassard to me. Maybe Maatta. I don't think anyone believes you can get a first rounder for Rust.

If Ryan Hartmann can get a 1st, I don't see why Rust shouldn't.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
I don't really get Carolina's end game here, to be honest. Why are they trading a 21 year old top-4 defenseman with serious upside for draft picks? Do they not want to contend anytime soon? Just seems really odd to me.

They need more up front and can spare Hanifin so I get that, but......yeah I don’t get trading a forward based on what I just said (and potentially losing Lindhom). Maybe trading Hanifin but keeping the rest of the team intact while landing Svechnikov made the most sense to me personally.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
He's not fast. And we want fast. He's not good along the boards, and we already have enough of those forwards. While he's responsible defensively, he's not the first name that comes to mind when you think of a "200-foot player."

He is one of the best skaters in the league. Who cares if he isn't Hagelin-fast.

Anyway, it's a moot point because he isn't coming here.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Pierre McGuire just said on Montreal radio that Skinner is headed to a Western Conference team. And Carolina is getting a first rounder back.
Such a dick on TSN, wants to take Brady K and not a centre yet all Montréal cry about is having no centremen.

"But he may not pan out" "he ain't a number one centre" such losers in Montréal

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Also according to McGuire, and I am paraphrasing, he is not sure the Penguins are prepared to trade Kessel. However, there are other players Pittsburgh is prepared to trade. If they can get a first-round pick back, they would make the move.

Sounds like Letang and Brassard to me. Maybe Maatta. I don't think anyone believes you can get a first rounder for Rust.

Islanders are willing to part with a 1st for immediate D help.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
And he can score. What's not to like.

And if you give a great skater a good center to skate with, it’s amazing how fast they can look all of a sudden. I don’t know if that’s Skinner, but we’ve seen it happen before and I certainly don’t think he’s slow.

It’s always been the case though that “doesn’t fit our system” is code for “we are the penguins and don’t accept just anybody” or “I don’t like the player you’re talking about because Bob Errey said something snarky about him.”

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

Leave Krissy alone :cry:

Killswitch7187

Winter is here
Jun 29, 2009
State College, PA
Glad to hear Skinner is going to the Western Conference. Would have been quite the unnecessary luxury. Would have also meant Kessel was being traded elsewhere, which, no thank you.

That left-side needs shored up else way, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad