Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #28 - Nils Lundkvist (D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
How could you not love the way this kid is developing?! Not rushing him and letting him continue to develop in what seems a very good environment.
Makes me a feel a little better about not taking Rasmus Sandin with the 28th overall.

Reactions: Ola and Leetch3

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
My no 1 defensive prospect is playing on the top pair today against Bili Tygri Liberec.

He had a monster game against Augsburg. Hope he has another one

Reactions: Leetch3

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I’m really looking forward to 2 yrs from now w Miller and Lundkvist

Will know what Hajek , Fox , Rykov , Lindgren , Reunanen are by then

Plus Robertson should be close

Who knows about Keane , Jones , Skinner but tons of chips

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Lundkvist is going to have to shake the label of "undersized but not a swift skating or supremely offensively skilled" defenseman for like basically the entire start of his career assuming he makes the NHL

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
FWIW he’s the same size as Stralman

Yeah, I'm not criticizing him, just saying I think he's going to be underrated as a prospect for awhile

I'd love the right side to be some mix of Trouba, Fox, and Lundkvist 1-3 from now. I feel like Lundkvist has a bit of that two way player to his game that would overall compliment that side well

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Yeah, I'm not criticizing him, just saying I think he's going to be underrated as a prospect for awhile

I'd love the right side to be some mix of Trouba, Fox, and Lundkvist 1-3 from now. I feel like Lundkvist has a bit of that two way player to his game that would overall compliment that side well
Didn’t mean to imply that you were, and I 100% agree. I just wanted to add some more evidence that he can be the type of defenseman he is regardless of his size :cheers:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I know he’s a defenseman (and other factors involved) but almost makes me wish some of our young forward prospects took some more time to develop in other leagues like Nils is doing.

Reactions: Cag29

Cag29

94! I’m ready for more! LGR!
Jul 18, 2018

These vids are awesome. Hope Daniel Gee keeps it up

He looks very smooth with the puck. Great passer, skater. Reminds me a little of Zubov with the stretch passes. Really exited about him. Feel he’s flying under the radar. LGR!

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I met the team last night after the game and it was so much fun. Spoke with Nils about prospect camp. He asked me if I was going to NY for pre season and we spoke about his relationship with Kakko, Kravtsov and the other prospects.

I'll write a more in depth article about this next week. Lots of fun bits of info

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Nils is like the George Harrison of Rangers prospects ("The Quiet One"). He's just doing his thing. His game has a lot of substance in it. No need to hurry him. He'll be more refined and ready for his adjustment to NA rinks next fall or fall 21.

This is a good description. But I can tell you, he’s not quiet in games. Constantly talking to his teammates, coaching them. He leans over the boards instead of sitting back. He’s constantly busy. Funny enough something I saw from Kravtsov as well during his Traktor games and Lias during his time with Frölunda. I spot a trend here

Reactions: egelband

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Couple of notes for today’s game. Luleå has some injuries so they have 17 year old Alvin Thyni in the line up again.

Lundkvist the last one off the ice. He told me he’s excited for this game. Expects a tougher opposition than Friday despite the easy win at home.

Game starts in 12 minutes. I’m sitting next to the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad