Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #28 - Nils Lundkvist (D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Straight to NYC right? I'm not far, about 3 hours. Tougher to just get down than you'd think... but also you find yourself randomly in spur of the moment situations where you get to drive to the greatest city in the world. I'm planning on trying the Sunday game right before Christmas as I'm always in the City that weekend.

Flight from Vienna to NY on the 17th
Devils game on the 18th
Yankees game on the 19th
Meeting up with people for drinks on the 20th
Bus to Philly and Flyers-Rangers game on the 21st
Back to NY by train on the 22nd
No plans for the 23rd
Rangers game on the 24th
Flying back on the 25th
Land on the 26th, and straight to work

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
Flight from Vienna to NY on the 17th
Devils game on the 18th
Yankees game on the 19th
Meeting up with people for drinks on the 20th
Bus to Philly and Flyers-Rangers game on the 21st
Back to NY by train on the 22nd
No plans for the 23rd
Rangers game on the 24th
Flying back on the 25th
Land on the 26th, and straight to work
Nice, I was considering that Rangers @ Flyers game, it's a Friday night, right?

Some of my buddies from Juniors are from the Northeast Pennsylvania area and we stay in close touch.

MrPodz

Aug 16, 2019
I feel like nils is the forgotten prospect- even though there is a thread for him. We have so much talent through the pipes, i have a question though. We are probably going to end up with the 10-15 pick range, who would be available in that range for next year? Might be early but the draft is super deep, so any ideas?

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I feel like nils is the forgotten prospect- even though there is a thread for him. We have so much talent through the pipes, i have a question though. We are probably going to end up with the 10-15 pick range, who would be available in that range for next year? Might be early but the draft is super deep, so any ideas?
Welcome! We have a dedicated 2020 draft thread if you wanted to go into more in-depth discussion there about next year's prospects:
2020 Draft & Undrafted Free Agent Thread

As to Nils, I think we're in a pretty good spot with him regarding his timeline. There's no immediate rush to get him over here, and I wouldn't mind delaying his ELC until he's ready to leave the SHL. We can keep him unsigned until June 1, 2022, so having him come over on an ELC after the 20-21 season would be very helpful given most of our RFA deals will be up for extensions by then.

MrPodz

Aug 16, 2019
Welcome! We have a dedicated 2020 draft thread if you wanted to go into more in-depth discussion there about next year's prospects:
2020 Draft & Undrafted Free Agent Thread

As to Nils, I think we're in a pretty good spot with him regarding his timeline. There's no immediate rush to get him over here, and I wouldn't mind delaying his ELC until he's ready to leave the SHL. We can keep him unsigned until June 1, 2022, so having him come over on an ELC after the 20-21 season would be very helpful given most of our RFA deals will be up for extensions by then.
Hey thanks! Hoping to get some more knowledge about all of this and I have always read Hf just felt like I didnt know enough to contribute. Im still learning but thats why you guys are here, to point me in the right direction if im dead off. That being said, im looking forward to putting forward my own ideas and have some fun. Work is an excellent environment to procrastinate.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Love to see this:
F1756AD3-45D6-4664-8E32-C063D4E0EDFB.png

Getting this kind of usage all year for a good SHL team would be pretty sick.

The longer Carolina keeps Jesper Sellgren around, the better... ;)

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Love to see this:
View attachment 252051

Getting this kind of usage all year for a good SHL team would be pretty sick.

The longer Carolina keeps Jesper Sellgren around, the better... ;)

I'm currently drinking. Remembering my dear rangwrs friend in Sweden who passed away last week. It's a sad day for AK and I hope you will forgive me for any rude or weird comments I've made this past week.

Thank you for doing the Nils update, Ola

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I'm currently drinking. Remembering my dear rangwrs friend in Sweden who passed away last week. It's a sad day for AK and I hope you will forgive me for any rude or weird comments I've made this past week.

My condolences on the passing of your friend.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
The top handful of KHL teams are better than teams from any other non-NHL league. The middle of the KHL, I don't believe to be substantially better than the top third or so AHL teams. The bottom of each league? Who ****ing knows? I'd still probably take Hartford against Kunlun in a best-of-seven.

Just stating one league is better than the other ignores so much of the landscape. It's like saying the EPL is better than Ligue 1 so therefore Brighton is better than PSG or Monaco. There's a lot more context to it, and looking at the leagues as a single entity doesn't really paint an accurate picture of things.

The ranking would be like this:

Top-Tier KHL

AHL/Middle-Tier KHL

Low-Tier KHL

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

That sucks. Only one thing to do, put the bottle away (eventually) and start putting one foot in-front of the other.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I have a tendency to move a head a bit too fast at times. But — if — Lundkvist has a couple of great development years and starts to knock on the door two years from now, it’s hard to not think about who might be the one that he could push out on that right side. I can’t help but to think that it would be tough for him with Trouba’s defense, Fox’ PPQB ability and TDAs speed and intensity with the puck.

But who knows with contracts and stuff. And Fox is not yet established. And TDA must keep last year’s play up.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I have a tendency to move a head a bit too fast at times. But — if — Lundkvist has a couple of great development years and starts to knock on the door two years from now, it’s hard to not think about who might be the one that he could push out on that right side. I can’t help but to think that it would be tough for him with Trouba’s defense, Fox’ PPQB ability and TDAs speed and intensity with the puck.

But who knows with contracts and stuff. And Fox is not yet established. And TDA must keep last year’s play up.

To start with the obvious - it will be a good problem to have. Secondly we don’t know how high Lundkvist’s game will develop and whether he’d be able to challenge Fox and / or ADA against their strengths. Finally, at that point their cap impact, team needs elsewhere, etc will come into play in figuring out who stays or will be moved. Probably about 3-4 years from now at the earliest.

Reactions: Ola

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

I think that makes it exciting....fox is completely unproven and we don't know yet if he can produce offensively or play defense at the nhl level. deangelo needs to show consistency and earn a long term deal...if either guy falters we've got a complete stud in lundkvist to step in. if those 2 both work out as keeper and you are left with 4 guys than we are able to trade a player that plays one of the most desirable positions to fill another need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad