Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #22 - K'Andre Miller (D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
The size of this lad. At 18, he still has a lot of room to fill out and bulk up.With some of that football pedigree and skating ability, this kid's gonna be an animal. Hopefully he's got a good shot with his puck moving like Byfuglien

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Holy hell some here will just complain about everything hahaha.

Let me be very clear here: This kid is gonna be great for us. Mark my word. And how hard is it to see the blatantly obvious that the Rangers got wind that a team ahead of them had major interest in this kid, so they jumped into action to make sure they got him? I mean c'mon now lol.

This is a great prospect, and I have a tremendous gut feeling about him. Great skater, super competitive, hard working, tons of upside and potential, has a refuse to fail attitude, and hits hard. I'm tellin ya, we're gonna learn to love this kid and he's gonna be a staple of our defense for years to come. That's why they traded up for him, cause he was friggin worth it. f*** the 48th pick.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
You want the player? You trade up and get the player.

Miller has high end tools but he's incredibly raw. Moments of sheer brilliance, and some moments of total disaster. If he hits, though, he's a monster who can own his side of the ice without the puck and push the play with it.
Kind of reminiscent of the Kreider pick with how raw they were/are on draft day

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I don't like this one bit. Too high a price to move up. If this guy was gone I would have certainly gone Woo or Ginning and not lost a moments sleep.

Reactions: Ori

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
I don't like this one bit. Too high a price to move up. If this guy was gone I would have certainly gone Woo or Ginning and not lost a moments sleep.

Oh give me a break lol.. Who knows who the heck would've been at 48th... Too high a price? Ya act like we gave away god knows what lol.

This is exactly what we should want from our management, to make decisions like this. To go after the right player and be decisive. They gave up a 48th. So f***ing what lol. This kid has tons of potential and like others have said is raw, but with a huge upside. Honestly? I have all the faith in the world in him, and a few years from now we won't be missing that 48th whatsoever. So no need to be so dramatic. There really kinda isn't anything not to like about this pick. Reality hath spoken...

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Really furious about this. Cost too much to move up. Can directly compare with what the Blues did. Blues paid significantly less to go up and got a better player.

At least the Rangers are high on Miller but potentially horrendous asset management.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
How could you be so dumb to give up a 48 overall to move up 4 spots in a completely wide open 2nd half of 1st round? I do like the Miller, but we way overpaid. They would have taken a 3rd rounder to trade down to draft their off the board weirdo.

Reactions: Mats Zuccarelli

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
There was talk that Leafs wanted him.

He's got size and skating and should add something physical too. Seth Jones--ish maybe. A project though and IMO he's probably going to need a couple year's in college. Want to see him at the WJC next year. Might not be quite the project that Chris Kreider was or not as raw. So.....I'm alright with that. He's a converted forward and has made a lot of strides quickly as a defenseman.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
I had to play a show and have had my phone on airplane mode. I’m fine with the 2 other picks, but trading up to take Miller when Bokk was still on the board is... upsetting to say the least. I don’t get this one at all.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
I honestly can't believe just how dramatic some of these replies are. Truly. Just boggles the mind reading some of the rage. Who is this superhero we were going to get at 48th?

Reactions: Hire Sather

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Would have prefered Veleno or Wilde but his size combined with his athleticism is certainly interesting. Hey atleast we have a shot of Wilde tomorrow. As for the trade I'm not a fan of moving up in drafts, and I think the price might of been a bit steep but if this is the guy they really wanted it is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad