Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #22 - K'Andre Miller (D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
That's just what I was thinking... Byfuglien, Burns, he could be the next forward convert to be a star player.

We're on the same page but I was originally talking about Hajek.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Hard shots matter less and less in a modern league from the point.

There are some exceptions like Subban, but with the frequency of blocked shots and deflections now, I'll take mobility and vision at the point over shot speed. The number of goals that are made or broken by the difference between 90 and 100mph is likely pretty small.
I agree. Accuracy is more important. Defensemen rarely get more than 10-15 goals a season. Their playmaking ability and their ability to generate rebounds with an accurate shot is more valuable.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
His first NCAA game is underway tonight and he just scored to put Wisconsin in the lead 1-0 :)

Some of the guys are talking about the game in the Prospect thread but I think we can use his thread for him since he was a 1st round pick :D

Works for me also. Since I have Comcast as an internet provide I am able to watch BTN2GO.

Relatively slow first period. No score with only 12 shots on goal by both teams. Miller jumped up twice and had a good chance that was blocked. Very calm with the puck. Noticeably big on the ice and skates effortlessly. Played on the one penalty kill.

MIller skating is effortless and excellent.

EYE-slip, New York!

Just scored on a short side wrist shot from the top of the side

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
He's slick. Very skilled. He looks like a guy who was originally a forward.
Do you know which pair he is on? Being as he's a freshman I'm going to assume he's definitely not the top pair, but did he make the 2nd pair out of camp?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Do you know which pair he is on? Being as he's a freshman I'm going to assume he's definitely not the top pair, but did he make the 2nd pair out of camp?
He's paired with Peter Tischke, it appears, which is cool because he's a Senior and Captain. At least at even strength.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
I'll tell you, I know this is just one game and everything, but K'Andre does not look like a Freshman. And they don't really use him like one, either. He's going to be a big part of this Badger team.
It seems like they’ve put him in every possible situation so far. If he can keep this up he can end up being their #1D by the end of the season

Reactions: Mikos87 and nyr2k2

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I didn’t watch much of him last year, and I’ve seen a decent amount of talk that his shot isn’t very good, but (even besides his goal) it’s looked pretty good to me

I always thought he had a good shot that he needed to use more often.

But I think that will come with time as he continues to get comfortable with the position. Right now he’s concentrating on learning the position - the reads, the reactions, playing the puck under pressure, etc.

Because of that, I have a funny feeling he could be one of those kids who really starts to put it all together after he turns pro.

He’s an amazing athlete, and you have to accept the learning process for right now. In some ways it’s like watching someone who has amazing artistic talent, but is still very early in their training.

The excitement with Miller isn’t because he’s blowing the world away at 18, even though he’s been very good. The excitement is because of the belief that if he’s this good now, how good can he be with more experience, confidence and comfort?

That’s what makes him incredibly intriguing for the Rangers, and one of the big reasons he was one of the most talked about players heading into the draft.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I also must must remind everyone that I was one of two people to choose K'Andre Miller in our mock draft, because I liked his name.

I posted about him as well lolol..go back and see it's in the Jan-Feb draft threads. Same with Lundkvist. But in all seriousness he had the traits of a Rangers pick. Same with O'Brien who the Flyers took.

That goal was very Shattenkirk-esque with the deceptive wrister. Good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad