GDT: 2018 NHL Draft Lottery - 7:30 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Yeah, depends on development.

Not supposed to be a #1 but neither were McDonagh or Lundqvist.
The reports on how much Gorton stuck to his guns with getting him included (and as the main piece) of the McDonagh deal makes me feel like the front office thinks he could become one

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
What if I told you his was the plan.

1 Move up for Zadina
2 Sign Tavares (possibly)
3 Trade Zucc for a first rounder this year
4 Use all these firsts to add to the pipeline
5 Sign Karlsson next year

I'll do without #2.

Would rather take my chances with Zibanejad/Hayes/Chytil than tying up 22-24 million in two players.

Sign me up for the rest.

The reports on how much Gorton stuck to his guns with getting him included (and as the main piece) of the McDonagh deal makes me feel like the front office thinks he could become one

Although somebody pointed out that "Libor Hajek" just sounds like some random bust we drafted in the Dark Ages and that's totally true :laugh:

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
https://nypost.com/2018/04/28/rangers-fall-to-9th-after-lottery-but-likely-will-try-to-trade-up/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons

But now, not so fast. The Blueshirts will probably target the Coyotes and Senators, two recent trading partners, in an attempt to move up, but the price may be steep. There is a generally acknowledged gap between the top handful of prospects and the next group, which likely will include defensemen Adam Boqvist, Evan Bouchard, Noah Dobson, Quinn Hughes and Jesperi Kotkaniemi as well as forwards Oliver Wahlstrom, Joe Valeno and Joel Farabee.
I wonder who we’re targeting at 4/5

Boqvist comes to mind. Tkachuk. I could see us liking Hughes, but there’s a chance he falls.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
lthough somebody pointed out that "Libor Hajek" just sounds like some random bust we drafted in the Dark Ages and that's totally true :laugh:

Pretty sure that's Filip Novak people are thinking of. Guy that scored around a point per game in the WHL as a D. Was an important prospect as part of the Bure trade.

Reactions: Machinehead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad