OT: 2018 NFL Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I was at an event yesterday, so I couldn't even watch the game (thank goodness). Someone who knows I was a Jet fan comes over to me and says, your Jets are killing my fantasy team. I said how? He said it was 31-0.

I was like "oh damn...lol." Then I looked at my phone and it it was not even 2:30. I was like "OH DAMN...LOL." I said to the guy, "the team quit on Bowles."

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
The Saints have put up 45 on the road outdoors in 40 degree weather through three quarters. And CIN isn’t a bad team. I don’t think NO has punted once. If NO finishes with 12-13 wins and Brees continues to play well this is the year he should get a lifetime achievement award MVP.
Cincinnati certainly isn't a good team. But yeah Brees is unworldly.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Giants may play themselves out of the Herbert sweepstakes. Winning meaningless games down the stretch does not really help them big picture

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
The way it just flopped when he hit the ground and rolled, I swear it looked like it went 360 degrees all the way around for a second. Immediately thought of the Thiesmann injury and Lawrence Taylor with his hands on his helmet desperately screaming for help

Last edited:

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
The Browns are looking to potentially hire someone who has never coached before to be their head coach.... (insert joke reply here)

Reply 1. Well, it’s not like the previous coaches have been doing much coaching anyways.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Cowboys had themselves a big win in Atlanta. That Falcons coach is really holding them back

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
The Browns are looking to potentially hire someone who has never coached before to be their head coach.... (insert joke reply here)

Reply 1. Well, it’s not like the previous coaches have been doing much coaching anyways.

I think the Browns just put that out to flatter her

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

The Browns are proof that Nick Saban is not only a terrible person in my opinion but also a mediocre coach.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
The Browns are proof that Nick Saban is not only a terrible person in my opinion but also a mediocre coach.

This is what I picture every time you mention Nick Saban

BA65890A-A25C-446B-9740-1D7C2FE478A0.gif

Reactions: My3Sons

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I think the Browns just put that out to flatter her

It's the Browns...that's the only reason that is needed. They hired a baseball analytics guy to run a football team. Maybe they can hire a basketball coach to be their offensive coordinator.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Giants may play themselves out of the Herbert sweepstakes. Winning meaningless games down the stretch does not really help them big picture

The Giants could seriously win the division at 7-9 at this point, I wish I was kidding but the Eagles' SB hangover has been one of the whoppers of all-time and the Skins just lost their starting QB along with half their offensive line.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
The Giants could seriously win the division at 7-9 at this point, I wish I was kidding but the Eagles' SB hangover has been one of the whoppers of all-time and the Skins just lost their starting QB along with half their offensive line.

Trouble is the division still plays each other down the stretch too. Dallas and Washington play Thanksgiving so the Giants need a tie out of that one.

But the NFL East is definitely having one of those years where it's just going to be a crawl to the finish line. It's right down there with AFC South as the worst regular season division in football since the early 2000's.

Tennessee crushes New England like they're not even on the field and then forgets to show up in Indy. What an odd team

I'd be curious to see if the Eagles boo birds are out early if they start slowly vs. the Giants. Coming off a Super Bowl just how much good will do the Eagles have with those fans built up. Or will it be like it never happened?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Admittedly I still am not a believer in Dallas but they could definitely make the playoffs at this point. I'm not sure any of their games are sure wins though. They could easily lose their two road games and against the Saints at home, they do have a long home stretch coming up though, they gotta make good in Jerryworld. Will the Eagles be totally defeated next week? I guess after today, but they'll probably amp up to play spoiler.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

LOL. Keep dreaming. Washington, Dallas, and Philly have a better shot, in that order.

The problem with the Eagles is the entire secondary is injured (literally) with the exception of Malcolm Jenkins.

So almost the entire Eagles secondary is 2nd string, right? Wrong. Because a few of the 2nd stringers got inured! There's 3rd strings not expected to play other than practice starting.

Bonus points for having to play the #1 pass offense in football today.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
They could, but given how odd this division is right now they'll all end up 8-8 and the Arlington blue stars will win the division just to lose in the NFC championship game to the Rams 63-6 while having their fans outnumber the home team's by 14-1.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
LOL. Keep dreaming. Washington, Dallas, and Philly have a better shot, in that order.

The problem with the Eagles is the entire secondary is injured (literally) with the exception of Malcolm Jenkins.

So almost the entire Eagles secondary is 2nd string, right? Wrong. Because a few of the 2nd stringers got inured! There's 3rd strings not expected to play other than practice starting.

Bonus points for having to play the #1 pass offense in football today.

Your team is gonna have a 6-10 year with a largely healthy starting QB off winning a SB with a backup, I'd call that a pretty big hangover. Where was the offense today? How many teams have had a losing year after winning a SB? I'd wager that number's under ten, and one of them was the Lombardi Packers who got old and lost their coach. Bradshaw's Steelers just got old after their second back-to-back too. The Giants a couple of times at least (once in a strike year, another time after Parcells turned into Ray Handley).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad