OT: 2018 NFL Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't even know who the Redskins backup is lol...all I know is they're bringing in schlep like EJ Manuel and MARK SANCHEZ to work out.

<checks notes>

Colt McCoy, who last started an NFL game in 2014...yikes. The Skins DO have a good defense and running game though. All they need is a couple wins but they have a brutal division-heavy schedule with road games at Jacksonville and Tennessee.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
You are correct. DAL is the week after. Beating ATL will be gratifying to Saints fans but won’t prove anything. The game against DAL will mean something as it is on the road.

The cowboys stink. What will beating a bad team prove?

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
The cowboys stink. What will beating a bad team prove?

For NO it’s a road game and until they play CAR it’s the toughest road game they have. In most years the Saints are Jekyll and Hyde. Great at home and meh on the road. If they need a late FG to beat DAL then it means the team is still inconsistent. If they beat up on DAL in DAL it show they are consistent

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
At least the Jets didn't get embarrassed today

Only delaying the inevitable. New England will massacre them

Really the best thing for the Jets right now is for Darnold to get protection, play well, and lose a bunch of heartbreaking games. They are where they need to be for the draft. Don't muck it up

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Your team is gonna have a 6-10 year with a largely healthy starting QB off winning a SB with a backup, I'd call that a pretty big hangover.

They're not that bad, they're cursed with injuries. Some of it is self-inflicted as Pederson's riverboat gambling cost them 2 wins.

Other than yesterday's blowout when the 3rd string secondary was exposed by a Hall of Fame quarterback, the Eagles lost 5 games by a total of 22 points. That said, given how struggling the NFC East is, it wouldnt shock me at all if they went 5-1 and won it.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Hugely entertaining game. These clubs are doing what they do best. There is so much talent, skill, and speed on the field and the two teams are pretty much throwing haymakers at each other

The game has almost taken on the feel of a Super Bowl.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Wow. Great game. Fantastic execution by both teams on both sides of the ball. Honestly, you see a score like that and think there was 0 defense. That wasn't the case. It was just beautiful execution by the offenses. But there were multiple defensive scores too. These are the two best teams I've seen this year and it's not even close.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Wow. Great game. Fantastic execution by both teams on both sides of the ball. Honestly, you see a score like that and think there was 0 defense. That wasn't the case. It was just beautiful execution by the offenses. But there were multiple defensive scores too. These are the two best teams I've seen this year and it's not even close.
Lol.

Dude, that was pond hockey.

Entertaining as hell, no doubt. But ridiculous.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Great game.

BTW, Redskins are going to win with Colt McCoy. Total Jay Schroeder syndrome.

They are paper tigers, anyway, designed to bait and switch the fans. Just good enough to miss the playoffs by a game on a missed field goal.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Mahomes wilted under the spotlight and he struggled down the stretch on his shorter passes. He’s young and talented and he will bounce back but Reid didn’t do him any favors with the slow developing plays allowing the Rams too much time to pressure Mahomes.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
People who think that was a great game are probably also basketball fans.

Sadly, this is becoming the way of the NFL. We need MOAR scoring, and we're going to make defense "illegal" until we get it.

In this case I’m with you and the rest of the get off my lawn crowd, there’s nothing ‘fun’ about a 54-51 game unless you have fantasy players on either team. Just consider this...in the mid ‘90’s the Bills and Niners had a great Jim Kelly-Steve Young duel where neither team punted - and the score was 34-30. And that’s with two HOF’ers in their prime, not a second and third-year QB. It’s just too easy now to score points. It’s video game football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad