NFL: 2018 NFL News & Notes discussion thread

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
for the first time its starting to look like brady might not finish his career in NE

with his comments today about wanting to play past next season and his noticeable decline this year it wouldn't surprise me at all if he pulled a unitas or montana and played his last season with a another team
But it’s not like the Patriots have Jimmy G to take over. They don’t really have a young guy that they can put in. Unless Bradynwould rather go somewhere else, cause I don’t see NE letting him go without someone to take over.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Teddy Bridgewater starting for Saints on Sunday.

Lets go! It might be like a preseason game but it's still an opportunity for him to showcase himself to a bunch of teams that probably should've signed him last offseason. The Jaguars, Dolphins, Giants, etc can correct that mistake if/when he hits the market.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
for the first time its starting to look like brady might not finish his career in NE

with his comments today about wanting to play past next season and his noticeable decline this year it wouldn't surprise me at all if he pulled a unitas or montana and played his last season with a another team

No way that happens next year though. He's coming back for next season. They don't have anyone in line and while his play has declined for sure, he also doesn't have the monster cap hit that most QBs do.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
No way that happens next year though. He's coming back for next season. They don't have anyone in line and while his play has declined for sure, he also doesn't have the monster cap hit that most QBs do.

next season yes but assuming NE drafts a QB this season i wouldn't be surprised if he plays elsewhere in 2020

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
It's hard for me to believe they won't put Brees in at some point, considering he's 8 yards short of 4,000 yards for what would be a record 13th consecutive year.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I don't think he gives a ****

He probably doesn't, but Payton does, that's why he's always drawing up shot plays when they're getting close to records.

Be funny to start Bridgewater and then have Brees come in for some rando play in the 3rd quarter, throw a touchdown pass and then go take a seat for the rest of the game.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He probably doesn't, but Payton does, that's why he's always drawing up shot plays when they're getting close to records.

Be funny to start Bridgewater and then have Brees come in for some rando play in the 3rd quarter, throw a touchdown pass and then go take a seat for the rest of the game.

I think they’re trying to do right by Bridgewater so that they’ve got a shot at keeping him presuming free agency doesn’t work out.

Reactions: m9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad