NFL: 2018 NFL News & Notes discussion thread

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I'm torn. McCoy (and Bell) is my HF Canes FF RB and I desperately need help there, but I don't want the Eagles to get better.
McCoy is in his 10th year in the NFL. Nearing the end of the road for RBs typically. Unless it's a day 2 draft pick, I think it would be better for Buffalo to keep Shady to take the pressure off Allen. This season for the Bills is all about developing their QB. Record doesn't matter. Bills also have something like $50 million in dead cap space this year, so they should have plenty of cash to upgrade the team in the off-season. So, an extra late 3rd round pick in the 80's is that worth it to take away the safety valve for Allen?

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
McCoy is in his 10th year in the NFL. Nearing the end of the road for RBs typically. Unless it's a day 2 draft pick, I think it would be better for Buffalo to keep Shady to take the pressure off Allen. This season for the Bills is all about developing their QB. Record doesn't matter. Bills also have something like $50 million in dead cap space this year, so they should have plenty of cash to upgrade the team in the off-season. So, an extra late 3rd round pick in the 80's is that worth it to take away the safety valve for Allen?

Well, they still have Chris Ivory, who isn't nearly the same player, but he's a bit better than most backups. McCoy will also be a UFA after 2019 so he's probably not gonna be around that much longer anyway. The Bills need talent everywhere on offense, so it makes sense to keep him, but they could use the 3rd rounder to replace him as well. I don't think they'd accept much later than a 3rd, though.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Too bad MNF doesn’t have the flex option. SF at GB..... sigh...

But fully understand the logistics. Moving 2 games by 4 hours each is way different than over 30 hours

Monday Night Football doesn't matter anymore. Green Bay ain't that good.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
theathletic has pretty interesting series 'the worst team i ever covered'. some more on-field, some more off-field but mostly both. wish they had gone bit more in-depth though.

they had these teams. college football will be on friday.

• 1990 Denver Broncos (Adam Schefter)
  • 1994 Dallas Cowboys (Dale Hansen)
  • 2000 & 2001 San Diego Chargers (Jim Trotter)
  • 2003 New York Giants (Tara Sullivan)
  • 2010 Denver Broncos (Lindsay Jones)
  • 2012 New York Jets (Kimberley A. Martin)
  • 2012 Philadelphia Eagles (Les Bowen)
  • 2016 Jacksonville Jaguars (Ryan O’Halloran)
  • 2017 Indianapolis Colts (Stephen Holder)

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I bet most Vikings reporters would say 2010. So much drama. Favre, Moss, Childress and his feuds with them and Percy Harvin, among others, then his firing, Tuesday night football starring Joe Webb. Ended up 6-10.

Edit: And how could I forget the Metrodome roof collapsing and playing a home game in Detroit on a Monday in a game in which Favre's streak was broken. Only for him to come back week later and have his career ended for good on a frozen TCF Bank stadiun turf .

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I bet most Vikings reporters would say 2010. So much drama. Favre, Moss, Childress and his feuds with them and Percy Harvin, among others, then his firing, Tuesday night football starring Joe Webb. Ended up 6-10.

Edit: And how could I forget the Metrodome roof collapsing and playing a home game in Detroit on a Monday in a game in which Favre's streak was broken. Only for him to come back week later and have his career ended for good on a frozen TCF Bank stadiun turf .

Childress ruining the Moss return was the worst part of that season for me and Harvin getting pissed off and reportedly throwing a weight at Childress was the best part.

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

Didn't it collapse from too much snow on the roof?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad