NFL: 2018 NFL News & Notes discussion thread

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

At least one of the Griffen rumours floating around has been confirmed. Based on the details of his bizarre behaviour here, some other stuff might come out as well. Not good.

Hopefully he comes out of this okay. He has really turned his life around and been great both on and off the field after some issues in his younger days.

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Flacco was good in the preseason and Week 1 as well. Lamar Jackson doesn't look ready at all. I think Flacco starts through October or longer.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Took three weeks for everyone except Lamar to "win" the starting job.
If you draft him Round 1, just play him. Chiefs had a luxury with Mahomes, but they didn't have to wait a whole season if they didn't want to. There are exceptions of course, there are some where it's fine to wait a few games, but otherwise it usually means the pick was bad if you're doing everything possible to keep him off the field.

Reactions: Avs_19 and Voight

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
If you draft him Round 1, just play him. Chiefs had a luxury with Mahomes, but they didn't have to wait a whole season if they didn't want to. There are exceptions of course, there are some where it's fine to wait a few games, but otherwise it usually means the pick was bad if you're doing everything possible to keep him off the field.

Well it would have been silly for the Chiefs to bench a 4000 yard 30 td qb though Mahomes is an absolute beast. Pretty sure he wouldn't be putting up these numbers if he didnt sit year 1.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Well it would have been silly for the Chiefs to bench a 4000 yard 30 td qb though Mahomes is an absolute beast. Pretty sure he wouldn't be putting up these numbers if he didnt sit year 1.
There’s no reason why he wouldn’t. QB’s make their biggest improvements in the off-season between year 1 and 2

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Flacco was good in the preseason and Week 1 as well. Lamar Jackson doesn't look ready at all. I think Flacco starts through October or longer.

Jackson will start when the Ravens are out of the playoff picture, which will likely be around December.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Flacco's been fine this season so far. Obviously gotta give it some more time but he is very obviously the best QB of the three right now.

He's on pace for 4700 Yards, 32 TDs and 11 Picks with one of the league's lowest rated OLines while missing his best TE, playing two games in a f***ton of rain.

He has not been good at all the past few years but if he keeps this up he's a legitimately effective player and he sure as hell isn't a detriment. Hell, I'm not sure if we even move on from him next year if he keeps this up. I don't know how anyone can look at this situation and think that he's in danger of losing his job this year.

Last edited:

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina

You can definitely tell when agents get involved with these reporters and ask them to pass information along. Ross is an UDFA who has never made an NFL team because he's been hurt both years.

Reactions: SnS

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina

Both the Panthers and Falcons stated that they're not gonna sign a safety, but that's bullshit. I'd take Reid over Colin Jones in a heartbeat. Jones is decent special teamer, but he's such a coach's pet and the new Brenton Bersin. He can't play safety at the NFL level, and Gaulden is still raw apparently.

Torrey Smith better be careful, though. He dropped some easy balls against the Bengals and hasn't looked too good. DJ Moore should pass him on the depth chart after the bye, and he's not gonna get playing time over Jarius Wright who has way better hands. If Damiere Byrd or Curtis Samuel ever get healthy, he could be buried. I like the dude, but his play on the field has left a lot to be desired. If they cut him, it wouldn't be surprising.

Reactions: SnS

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012

Both the Panthers and Falcons stated that they're not gonna sign a safety, but that's bull****. I'd take Reid over Colin Jones in a heartbeat. Jones is decent special teamer, but he's such a coach's pet and the new Brenton Bersin. He can't play safety at the NFL level, and Gaulden is still raw apparently.

Torrey Smith better be careful, though. He dropped some easy balls against the Bengals and hasn't looked too good. DJ Moore should pass him on the depth chart after the bye, and he's not gonna get playing time over Jarius Wright who has way better hands. If Damiere Byrd or Curtis Samuel ever get healthy, he could be buried. I like the dude, but his play on the field has left a lot to be desired. If they cut him, it wouldn't be surprising.

Its going to be sad when Dez gets signed before Reid. Dez is a washed up, locker room cancer but he will still draw more interest because he didnt kneel during a song.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina

Short of more injuries, he's unlikely to see the field. This is probably just a depth move until Matt Kalil gets back in Week 8, though with the way the line has played, it'll be interesting to see if he even gets his job back.

Feb 24, 2017

Short of more injuries, he's unlikely to see the field. This is probably just a depth move until Matt Kalil gets back in Week 8, though with the way the line has played, it'll be interesting to see if he even gets his job back.

Super Bowl champion Marshall Newhouse. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad