NFL GDT: 2018 NFC Championship Game: (1) New Orleans Saints vs (2) Los Angeles Rams

nolar

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Noise factor is going to be even bigger. McVay makes presnap adjustments and then gives them to Goff via the headsets. It's hard enough to get the play in with all that noise, much less fine adjustments at the LOS.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Saints didn't impress yesterday.

Not sure if you missed the last 45 minutes of the game or something? The first quarter was pretty terrible for them, but once the switch was flipped they dominated. 399 yards gained against 97, 34 minutes TOP against 11, 20 points against 0, and two interceptions.

I will admit, after the first quarter I did not see that coming, but they made great adjustments.

I do think the Eagles came out trying to run the 800 like it was a 100 and couldn't sustain that pace for very long.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Not sure if you missed the last 45 minutes of the game or something? The first quarter was pretty terrible for them, but once the switch was flipped they dominated. 399 yards gained against 97, 34 minutes TOP against 11, 20 points against 0, and two interceptions.

I will admit, after the first quarter I did not see that coming, but they made great adjustments.

I do think the Eagles came out trying to run the 800 like it was a 100 and couldn't sustain that pace for very long.

Sure but if you look at the last 6 games they played despite that the Saints played on pace. The Saints offene has been slumping since the Dallas game for the most part. The comeback is impressive but the effort wasn't inspiring. Perhaps I used the wrong word. I knoe they have the talent but that doesn't mean i'm certain they can flip the switch back on.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Rams have ZERO CHANCE of winning this game, in New Orleans. It is impossible. Might as well put Alabama in their place.

Their run defense will absolutely collapse against Saints.
Look who's back.

Buncha frauds in the NFC Championship amirite?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

It was 5 road games in 6 weeks for the Eagles, and none of their games were easy this year, predictably, other than the two Redskins games. They just ran out of bullets with the health bar already low.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Sure but if you look at the last 6 games they played despite that the Saints played on pace. The Saints offene has been slumping since the Dallas game for the most part. The comeback is impressive but the effort wasn't inspiring. Perhaps I used the wrong word. I knoe they have the talent but that doesn't mean i'm certain they can flip the switch back on.

The Saints OL is in pretty bad shape, plus they had not played a real game in almost 3 weeks. (20 days) The points weren't there, but they had 420 yards of offense and held the ball for 38 minutes. If Kamara breaks that shoestring tackle at the very end (and he usually does break that tackle IMHO) it's a 67 yard touchdown, the score is 27-14 and people probably have a much different perception of how the game went.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
The Saints signed former Saints/Lions/Bills/Rams/whoever else DL Tyrunn Walker to take Rankins roster spot. Walker was a pretty significant part of the Saints 2013 defensive line that could really get after the QB. Guess we'll see what he's got.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Saints signed former Saints/Lions/Bills/Rams/whoever else DL Tyrunn Walker to take Rankins roster spot. Walker was a pretty significant part of the Saints 2013 defensive line that could really get after the QB. Guess we'll see what he's got.

When he left I know they weren’t happy having lost him.

Gotta be pretty wild to go from wherever his career was going directly into the nfc championship game

SaintsThomas

May 16, 2017
When he left I know they weren’t happy having lost him.

Gotta be pretty wild to go from wherever his career was going directly into the nfc championship game

If they signed him, that means he was out of a contract right?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Temple's own Keith Kirkwood is also out with a calf injury

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Playing your opponent the second time around after losing the first time sorta helps you prepare because you know what's coming. Time for preparation and adjustments.

Prior to the season I had the Rams winning the NFC, going with my gut feeling on this one.
I won't be surprised if the Saints win, so I'll be fine with either result.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Just don't have a good feeling about this one for the Saints. Watson and Kirkwood both out is really limiting because their 2 TE lineup is compromised and their 3 WR lineup is compromised. And that's before you even take into account the Saints offensive line, which is beat up to say the least. And their 2nd best defensive player is now out for the season too. The Rams are much healthier and they have a lot more momentum. Saints can win this game if the crowd has a major effect and if Drew Brees does some typically legendary Drew Brees shit, otherwise the Rams are a way better team right now and I would pick them to win on a neutral field 9/10 times.

Reactions: David Suzuki

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Just don't have a good feeling about this one for the Saints. Watson and Kirkwood both out is really limiting because their 2 TE lineup is compromised and their 3 WR lineup is compromised. And that's before you even take into account the Saints offensive line, which is beat up to say the least. And their 2nd best defensive player is now out for the season too. The Rams are much healthier and they have a lot more momentum. Saints can win this game if the crowd has a major effect and if Drew Brees does some typically legendary Drew Brees ****, otherwise the Rams are a way better team right now and I would pick them to win on a neutral field 9/10 times.

Yeah I was thinking last night of ways for each team to win and these were the only two realistic ways for the Saints to win. Brees has a legendary day or Goff gets rattled by the crowd and the Oline for the Rams can't get off the line as quick. Otherwise, I just can't see a path forward for the Saints in this game.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Saints have been short on receivers all season.

I'm not too worried about the Saints line other than Peat. They were all full practice on Thursday and Friday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad