NFL GDT: 2018 NFC Championship Game: (1) New Orleans Saints vs (2) Los Angeles Rams

nolar

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sheldon Rankins being out is a bigger deal for the Saints than Kupp being out for the Rams.

Reactions: David Suzuki
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I really want to see the Rams do it but I really don't trust Goff. Or the Rams D, for that matter. Then again, the losing team typically seems to win the rematch(or it at least seems that way) and McVay is a genius so still plenty of room for hope. Think the Saints still win, though.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Biggest concern here as a Saints fan is that DT Sheldon Rankins is out for the year, looks like he suffered a torn ACL in the game today. Real tough loss as he was a solid run stuffer.

If the Saints can contain the edges on the Rams sweeps/misdirection plays, they can be successful on the defensive side of the ball.

Saints offensive line must contain the Rams front 4 as they did in the first meeting. Get Kamara in space, grind Ingram, keep feeding Thomas and they can get something from guys like Ginn, Smith and Kirkwood, that will go a long way in getting the win.

Hopefully Brees can pick their secondary apart.

The Superdome will be rocking.

Geux Saints!

kingsholygrail

Fastest Series Loss 0-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Pulling for the Rams, but the Saints are too damn good in that dome. I expect another exciting game though for the rematch.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Rankins injury is an Achilles tear so he's definitely out for the season. Losing him hurts the Saints pass rush substantially. They weren't very disruptive to the pocket after he left the game. Big, big loss.

The weakness of the Rams defense seems to be at the edges so I expect to see a lot of Kamara stretch runs, jet sweeps with Kamara and Ginn and suddenly the Taysom Hill playbook looks wide open.

I really don't like the middle of the Saints offensive line against Donald and Suh. Peat had easily the worst game of his career against Cox, and it's not all his fault because he is playing hurt, but Unger and Warford struggled a little too. Saints are going to have to play a lot of max protect in the passing game and be dependent on their WRs beating the Rams DBs straight up. And halfback choice, alllllllll day long.

Last edited:
Reactions: OmniCube

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Saints can be good enough in coverage and off the ball without Rankins, but pressure up the middle is obviously a problem mainly because Peat sucks and will take penalties and chances are Aaron Donald won’t get hurt like Fletcher Cox did. Cox was in a boot after the game and still was all over that backfield just blowing by guys.

member 157595

Rankins injury is an Achilles tear so he's definitely out for the season. Losing him hurts the Saints pass rush substantially. They weren't very disruptive to the pocket after he left the game. Big, big loss.

The weakness of the Rams defense seems to be at the edges so I expect to see a lot of Kamara stretch runs, jet sweeps with Kamara and Ginn and suddenly the Taysom Hill playbook looks wide open.

I really don't like the middle of the Saints offensive line against Donald and Suh. Peat had easily the worst game of his career against Cox, and it's not all his fault because he is playing hurt, but Unger and Warford struggled a little too. Saints are going to have to play a lot of max protect in the passing game and be dependent on their WRs beating the Rams DBs straight up. And halfback choice, alllllllll day long.

Great post. NO's going to have to get the ball to the edges and fast because I don't see them handling Donald and Suh.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Great post. NO's going to have to get the ball to the edges and fast because I don't see them handling Donald and Suh.

They did it in the first game, I'll need to go back and look at it to see specifically how they did it. But that game was so long ago it might as well have been last season.

Reactions: OmniCube

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Another game we already saw, not thrilling.

Saints offense since week 12 compared to the 1st 11 weeks is way down. Almost double in points, 100 yards in yards and their point differential instead of +150 something is only +4.

That being said I still have them winning. Not on the hype train of Goff and McVay. I think if they got Seattle a 3rd time they would have lost.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Rams have ZERO CHANCE of winning this game, in New Orleans. It is impossible. Might as well put Alabama in their place.

Their run defense will absolutely collapse against Saints.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad