NCAA: 2018 NCAA Coaching Carousel

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Lots of talk of UNC bringing back Mack Brown.

I've heard this too and I'm perplexed by it. He's going to be 68 by the time next season starts and he seems to enjoy the TV gig. He's probably going to be expected to do for UNC what he did for them in the 90s and I think thats a steep hill to climb. And how long would he want to stick around anyways?

But if thats what they want, God bless them.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
That would be a seismic shake up. Malzahn is an offensive coach whose offense has really sucked the last few years and has wasted some really good talent.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
And hiring who? Jack Del Rio?

I bet a guy like James Franklin or even Harbaugh who cant beat OSU would love that job. When things are right USC is the best job in that conference. Even when things appear right PSU and Mich are not the best teams in the Big Ten. USC i a mess but Franklin is a program reviver. Umtil the Seahawk started getting lucky a Peter Carroll reunion sounded somewhat possible.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Gotta think B.C. would go hard after Ryan Day.

Think Urban is gunna retire, I bet he is his replacement. Meyer had a cyst on his brain that was drained 4 years ago and they say they can't drain it anymore. OSU isnt a stressful job like Florida but you see him every week on the sideline looking like hes in some pain. With all the rift that went down this year it would make the social justice warriors happy.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I bet a guy like James Franklin or even Harbaugh who cant beat OSU would love that job. When things are right USC is the best job in that conference. Even when things appear right PSU and Mich are not the best teams in the Big Ten. USC i a mess but Franklin is a program reviver. Umtil the Seahawk started getting lucky a Peter Carroll reunion sounded somewhat possible.

Helton isn't going anywhere so none of this means anything. USC isn't a mess as much as they started a true freshman QB.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Think Urban is gunna retire, I bet he is his replacement. Meyer had a cyst on his brain that was drained 4 years ago and they say they can't drain it anymore. OSU isnt a stressful job like Florida but you see him every week on the sideline looking like hes in some pain. With all the rift that went down this year it would make the social justice warriors happy.

Uhhh Ohio State is most definitely a stressful job like Florida.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Helton isn't going anywhere so none of this means anything. USC isn't a mess as much as they started a true freshman QB.

I'm sure they did look around, not sure who they looked at though. They must have got turned down. Franklin was asked about USC once. They either didnt look at him or he turned it down. Which would be baffling to me I think he got PSU as about as far as they can get.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Uhhh Ohio State is most definitely a stressful job like Florida.

The schedule not so much especially depending on the year. Yes you always have the big 3 in your division but Wisconsin isnt always on the schedule. While they have high expectations the season ultimately comes down to 1 result, the Michigan game. The Big Ten has a lot of weak teams. It's not tough top to bottom. You have teams like Rutgers, Maryland, Illinois, Indiana and like Nebraska. At Florida you always had the Georgia game and you played Alabama, Auburn and LSU. Ohio State is almost an SEC team just playing in the North with how they operate and get players. They're more talented than everyone else. Going undefeated is hard though. They have the talent of a top 4 team but they had an identity crisis. Haskins is more of a pocket passer than the type of QB Urban usually has. I'm not saying that Ohio State is a stress free job but it's not Florida. At OSY they always have the best athletes in the conference, at Florida they have one of the best but getting the best class and annually is not likely. The only school that can somewhat compete is Michigan but they almost always beat them out for recruiting classes.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Ryan Day isnt gunna pan out but i'd tell any school looking to replace one of the top guys out there be careful what you wish for because the next guy coming through those doors won't necessarily be able to keep up the standards. Sure just like tech always replaces itself, so does coaching but what evidence is there that Ryan Day could be the next Meyer or Saban?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad