GDT: 2018 MLB Draft

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Guessing Kyler Murray is done with football

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Amazing how few HS guys there are anymore. Used to be if you were any good at all you didn’t go to college and went right to the draft. It’s decinitely leading to shortended careers. Guys like Uggla Utley and Howard all were good but can you imagine if they didn’t go to college and came to the majors at 20 or 21? I mean Ryan Howard might have had a shot at the HR repxrd

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
A's get their franchise QB

pretty surprised they passed over swaggerty but murray's having a pretty solid season at OU. highly doubt he'd pass up on that money and stick with football

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Just how much money is Liberatore demanding?

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
I know very little when it comes to prospects in baseball, so can someone give me some type of scouting report on Madrigal?

Thanks

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Future Cy Young winner, Ryan Rolison

Thought they would select Seigler.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Groshans looks super skinny. 6 foot 4 and 180 pounds. Better start eating your vitamins kid.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Future Cy Young winner, Ryan Rolison
I take this back, he didn't follow the #1 rule of twitter: Never tweet

Oof
----------------------------

Royals having a nice draft

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
When you choose Grayson Rodriguez over Brady Singer, Matthew Liberatore, Cole Winn and Shane McClanahan... terrible.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
apparently murray says he's still going to play football in the fall

pretty stupid decision if he actually goes through with it. he's not going to the NFL with his size and he's going to risk injury while leaving millions of dollars on the table

what an idiot

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg

pretty stupid decision if he actually goes through with it. he's not going to the NFL with his size and he's going to risk injury while leaving millions of dollars on the table

what an idiot
If I were him, I might consider to make such a statement just to ensure that I get as much money from Oakland as possible. We'll see what he does. Detroit's Matt Manning gave up on basketball for $ 3.5m, by the way.

Gruß,
BSHH

darko

Feb 16, 2009
McClanahan and Liberatore. If Tampa can sign both they made out like bandits.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Very happy that the Cardinals drafted Gorman. He's the exact power bat that we haven't had at first Scott Rolen. Granted, Rolen is a borderline HOFer and one of the best defensive third basemen who played, but Gorman's bat is similar, and I think he can stick at third.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI

what an idiot
It sounds like the A's have a deal with him and he'll just play ball in the fall and then head to the A's afterwards. That's fine. Let him enjoy himself at OU.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
It sounds like the A's have a deal with him and he'll just play ball in the fall and then head to the A's afterwards. That's fine. Let him enjoy himself at OU.

Wait, I thought he had to sign the baseball contract now since he wasn’t a senior at Oklahoma last year? I’m probably wrong, but I thought that was the rule.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Wait, I thought he had to sign the baseball contract now since he wasn’t a senior at Oklahoma last year? I’m probably wrong, but I thought that was the rule.
Him signing a baseball contract has no influence on his football eligibility. Kyle Parker and Russell Wilson were active MiLB players while also being starting QBs in the NCAA.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

that sounds great and all until he suffers a career ending knee injury

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad