GDT: 2018 IIHF World Junior Hockey Championships

Which Avs Prospect Do Think Will Make Their Countries?

• Total voters

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
So Timmins or Makar or both have any chance to play for Avs next season to help us out to be a better team then we are now?

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
tumblr_ltzl1cqrdc1qlxohso1_4001.gif

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Bobby Mac saying he thinks Timmins should have been the player of the game for Canada, and defenseman of the tournament from O'Neil.

Carter Hart deserved it. Timmins doesn't get the chance to make the pass that ended up as the GWG without Carter Hart holding down the fort in an impressive way. I'd go over the analytics but who has time for that?

Reactions: Freaky Styley

Avs425

Colorado MacKinnon
Jun 3, 2014
Saskatchewan
I wasn't that high on Timmins before this tournament but holy crap.
Same here, did really know much about him and watching in the Canada-Russia series didn't see much from him other then an ok prospect but after this tourney he is clearly top level talent

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm curious to see how some of Timmins' higher risk plays will work at the higher levels against bigger and quicker players. One of the things pretty much everyone mentioned in his scouting report was his hockey sense so he'll probably adjust and continue to make the smart plays but maybe something to watch.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Don't want to get too excited here but you know when we talk about other teams and wonder how they find excellent dmen in the mid 1st or 2nd round (Subban, Keith, etc)?

That might have be our turn, guys.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It's important to remember there are lots of great WJC players that never amount to anything in the NHL. I'm very happy with their strong showing but I hope we don't overhype these kids now.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
With that setup on the gold medal winning goal, and his strong two way game all tournement, you could easily make a case for Timmins being Canada's best defenseman, and it'd be well deserved.

If Makar got the kind of minutes Timmins got though, he might have led the whole tournament in points. He was only 3 points behind Mittelsdtadt as it was.

Avg Ice Time:

Makar - 13:42
Timmins - 21:14

Fortunately the Avs don't have to pick between them, and can use both in big roles down the line.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
It's important to remember there are lots of great WJC players that never amount to anything in the NHL. I'm very happy with their strong showing but I hope we don't overhype these kids now.

Good thing we already had our Chris Bigras. Overhyped, not going to cut it, I think Timmins and Makar are legit.

Not that he was particularly great/good/average at the WJC.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London

Cant' wait for the Sportsnet article "Millennials are killing the Champagne/Cigar Celebration market". The lengths people go to complain about something is hilarious. Shame on these kids for texting friends/family back and not getting stupidly underaged drunk in front of the Sportsnet/TSN cameras. I remember back in 2010 when the Canadian Women's Olympic team got in trouble because some of the U20 players on that team were drinking during the celebration. Now we're supposed to be upset a whole team of U20 players isn't getting stupid drunk in a city where the drinking age is 21? Whatever.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Hopefully this confidence carries over to OHL for Timmins.
He was already having a terrific season there before this. He's a real gem. My biggest concern with him was that his meteoric rise from "not even worth a 7th" to "maybe first rounder" was just an unsustainable streak of good play. Nice to learn that he was only just getting warmed up.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Cant' wait for the Sportsnet article "Millennials are killing the Champagne/Cigar Celebration market". The lengths people go to complain about something is hilarious. Shame on these kids for texting friends/family back and not getting stupidly underaged drunk in front of the Sportsnet/TSN cameras. I remember back in 2010 when the Canadian Women's Olympic team got in trouble because some of the U20 players on that team were drinking during the celebration. Now we're supposed to be upset a whole team of U20 players isn't getting stupid drunk in a city where the drinking age is 21? Whatever.

I think they're just making a joke... duthie did the same.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad