GDT: 2018 IIHF World Junior Hockey Championships

Which Avs Prospect Do Think Will Make Their Countries?

• Total voters

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
junior-world-championship-story-image.jpg

Buffalo-2008-Winter-Classic-web_Channel%20Homepage%20Slider.jpg

U20 World Junior Hockey Championship Main
Buffalo, USA [Dec 26th through Jan 5th]

Group A
Canada: 10 points
USA: 8 points
Finland: 6 points
Slovakia: 6 points
Denmark: 0 points

Group B
Sweden: 11 points
Czechia: 9 points
Russia: 7 points
Switzerland: 3 points
Belarus: 0 points

Links
WM20
Games
U20 World Junior Championship
NHL Network Will Televise Live All U.S. Games in 2018 WJC
Schedule II: N/A (provided by Tigre)

Avs Players
Cale Makar, CAN [GP: 5 | 3 - 3 - 6p]
Conor Timmins, CAN [GP: 5 | 1 - 3 - 4p]

Draft Eligible Players
BLR: Nikita Tolopilo
BLR: Vladislav Mikhalchuk
BLR: Igor Martynov
CZE: Jakub Skarek
CZE: Filip Král
CZE: Krystof Hrabik
CZE: Martin Kaut
CZE: Jakub Lauko
CZE: Filip Zadina
Denmark: Not Released
FIN: Rasmus Kupari
RUS: Alexander Alexeyev
RUS: Vitali Kravtsov
RUS: Andrei Svechnikov
SVK: Martin Fehérváry
SVK: Michal Ivan
SVK: Adam Liska
SVK: Milos Roman
SWE: Rasmus Dahlin
SWE: David Gustafsson
SWE: Isac Lundeström
SWE: Jacob Olofsson
SUI: Tim Berni
SUI: Nico Gross
SUI: Nando Eggenberger
SUI: Philipp Kurashev
SUI: Nicolas Müller
SUI: Valentin Nussbaumer (2019 Draft)
USA: Quinn Hughes
USA: Brady Tkachuk

U20 World Junior Hockey Championship: Division 1 - Group A

Date: December 10th to 16th
1. Kazakhstan: 13 points [PROMOTED]
2. Latvia: 12 points
3. Germany: 10 points
4. France: 6 points
5. Austria: 3 points
6. Hungary: 1 point [RELEGATED]

U20 World Junior Hockey Championship: Division 1 - Group B
Date: December 9th to 15th
1. Norway: 13 points [PROMOTED]
2. Poland: 12 points
3. Slovenia: 10 points
4. Ukraine: 6 points
5. Italy: 2 points [Win via Head-to-Head]
6. Lithuania: 2 points [RELEGATED]

U20 World Junior Hockey Championship: Division 2 - Group A
Date: December 10th to 16th
1. Japan: 14 points [PROMOTED]
2. Korea: 10 points
3. Great Britain: 10 points
4. Estonia: 4 points
5. Romania: 4 points
6. Netherlands: 3 points [RELEGATED]

U20 World Junior Hockey Championship: Division 2 - Group B
Date: January 10th to 16th
- Belgium
- Croatia
- Mexico
- Serbia
- Spain
- Turkey

U20 World Junior Hockey Championship: Division 3

Date: January 22nd to 28th
- Australia
- Bulgaria
- China
- Iceland
- New Zealand
- Israel

Note: There is a qualification for next U20's in Division III where Turkmenistan will play their first ever IIHF sanctioned games.

Last edited:

Byzantium

Jun 17, 2017
Group B looks weak. Sweden will probably extend their 40-0 winning streak in the group stages.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Shvy hasn't played much nationally for Russia, he was always a bit long shot for making the team.

Alexmandu

Jan 30, 2017
I hope this tournament will be the coming out party for both Makar and Timmins

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
The deadline for NHL/AHL player to be released doesn't have to coincide with the team being announced today does it? I'm pretty sure for example when Lazar was named to the team a few years back it was actually announced a few weeks after the "roster" was announced.

I don't see Tyson Jost being in the NHL by month's end. At least I hope he isn't. But since he's on the NHL roster today I cant see Sakic telling HC he can play. Does that mean he definitely wont play or will HC make an exception for him if Sakic allows him to go at a later date?

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
The deadline for NHL/AHL player to be released doesn't have to coincide with the team being announced today does it? I'm pretty sure for example when Lazar was named to the team a few years back it was actually announced a few weeks after the "roster" was announced.

I don't see Tyson Jost being in the NHL by month's end. At least I hope he isn't. But since he's on the NHL roster today I cant see Sakic telling HC he can play. Does that mean he definitely wont play or will HC make an exception for him if Sakic allows him to go at a later date?
I'm pretty sure it doesn't have to coincide with today.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I think that Jost being released for the WJCs is nothing more than a pipe dream at this point, but who knows. If he is not on the roster today, I would think that he would need to be included in short order to be a part of the team IMO.

Reactions: McMetal

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I think that Jost being released for the WJCs is nothing more than a pipe dream at this point, but who knows. If he is not on the roster today, I would think that he would need to be included in short order to be a part of the team IMO.

I really do think it would be great for his development. That's not to say he's been awful to this point, but he needs confidence.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Can’t say I’m not surprised about Timmins. The last preseason game he played he was incredible. He definitely has some stuff to work on but, if he played like he did that night all season it’s looking good for Timmins’ future

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

The NHL roster freeze day. Believe that's the 19th. But they are going to select the team after the game on the 15th. I guess theyd bump someone out but sucks for them.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Makar listed at 5'10, which is weird, because at the combine I believe he measured up at 5'11.75. I don't think they allow tiptoes at the combine.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Can’t say I’m not surprised about Timmins. The last preseason game he played he was incredible. He definitely has some stuff to work on but, if he played like he did that night all season it’s looking good for Timmins’ future
Timmins is a prospect that has several really high end attributes and some subpar ones. The question with him is whether he can iron out his weaknesses, because if he can he has all the other tools to be a good NHL defender.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Timmins is a prospect that has several really high end attributes and some subpar ones. The question with him is whether he can iron out his weaknesses, because if he can he has all the other tools to be a good NHL defender.

He really does. I’m very interested in how he progresses, he’s got great size and looks to have some decent puck skills. My favorite D prospect we have IMO.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Timmins is listed as 6'1, but always look big to me whenever I see him.

Surprised Boqvist didn't make it for Team Sweden.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad