GDT: 2018 IIHF World Championship

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
And more importantly, money. You'd have to remove a lot of prime seating.

The prime seating wouldn't be removed, it would just move back. But of course in the end, some seats will be removed so it would lead to less revenue.

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph
Not bitter at all...just don't get the anti Canada sentiment that always seems to flare up here during international matches. Makes me really wonder who's bitter!

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I thought Canada was the best team on the planet yesterday impossible to stop after scoring 5 on shesterkin and russia lol.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Not bitter at all...just don't get the anti Canada sentiment that always seems to flare up here during international matches. Makes me really wonder who's bitter!
You really don't get it? Honestly? Canada is the primary rival in hockey for the US. Americans who care about hockey will generally root pretty passionately for Canada to lose. It's straightforward and there's really nothing to "get". It's a rivalry and the backbone of sports. Generally the same goes for Russia, and that can actually be worse because of political stuff.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I love Canada. But of course you want them to lose as a USA hockey fan.

If Sweden had achieved the same recent level of dominance, and beaten the USA in as many close important international games of late, it'd be them I would want to lose badly.

Reactions: nyrage and nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I love Canada. But of course you want them to lose as a USA hockey fan.

If Sweden had achieved the same recent level of dominance, and beaten the USA in as many close important international games of late, it'd be them I would want to lose badly.
Exactly. Outside of hockey, I absolutely adore Canada. I've spent time in every province except NL and Nova Scotia. Awesome country, awesome people. The hockey teams can f*** right off.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Exactly. Outside of hockey, I absolutely adore Canada. I've spent time in every province except NL and Nova Scotia. Awesome country, awesome people. The hockey teams can **** right off.

Same here. Canada is amazing. Canadian hockey? When they lose, I celebrate. It's like New Zealand in rugby, Brazil or Germany in football.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's

One thing I've learned about these boards is that you can't make any sort of comment at all after Canada loses, or else everyone assumes that you're bitter and freaking out.

We're free to critique our own and other teams, tournament formats, reffing, or whatever else comes to mind 99% of the time. But after Canada loses, anything we say relating to the tourney will be sneered at for a couple of hours.

Prime time to organize a sock drawer or get extra creative in the kitchen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad