NBA 2018 Finals - Cleveland Cavaliers vs Golden State Warriors

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I'd give it to Curry, I think it's much closer than most people think. If Curry keeps this up you can argue he outplayed Durant in 3/4 games. That game 3 stinker hurts his cause but I think the voters will give it to him.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I'd give it to Curry, I think it's much closer than most people think. If Curry keeps this up you can argue he outplayed Durant in 3/4 games. That game 3 stinker hurts his cause but I think the voters will give it to him.

Game one is debatable, and Durant was better in game 2 when the game was actually in play. Curry got hot when the game was already over and hit a bunch of 3s.

Durant also actually offers something on the defensive end.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Game one is debatable, and Durant was better in game 2 when the game was actually in play. Curry got hot when the game was already over and hit a bunch of 3s.

Well game 2 was not 'already over' in the 4th, the Cavs were only down 10 and cut the lead to 7. Then Steph hit back to back 3's to pull away.

I don't know, either Durant or Curry deserves it but I'm leaning towards Durant.

Reactions: Stylizer1

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I think they wanted Curry to get it all a long since Durant already has a finals MVP. Next season it goes to Thompson.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

What does Curry have to do on defense to get any respect? He's a smart anticipator and disrupts passing lanes, and it a pretty good on-ball defender for his size. Hell, he's being targeted by LeBron switches all series and he's done pretty well on him.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
What does Curry have to do on defense to get any respect? He's a smart anticipator and disrupts passing lanes, and it a pretty good on-ball defender for his size. Hell, he's being targeted by LeBron switches all series and he's done pretty well on him.
He's horrible on defense. The only reason any Cav is able to create anything on offense other than James.

It might look like he is great anticipating to the untrained eye, but when his other 4 teammates on the floor are great to elite defenders, it doesn't hurt them as much to constantly cheat or make risky plays on defense.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
He's horrible on defense. The only reason any Cav is able to create anything on offense other than James.

It might look like he is great anticipating to the untrained eye, but when his other 4 teammates on the floor are great to elite defenders, it doesn't hurt them as much to constantly cheat or make risky plays on defense.

Yea there’s a reason teams target Curry as opposed to literally anyone else on the court.

It’s not so much that Curry is horrible, it’s that Durant is elite so when you compare the two the difference is significant.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
This was a predictable outcome. It really was. Warriors likely knew from the start a title was nearly guaranteed. Probably doesn't make it as special for them..in a weird way

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
There's absolutely no way LeBron will sign with the Lakers. He is Houston-bound. He wants to beat the Warriors so bad. Tired of losing to them and Houston is his best chance. But we'll see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad