2018 F1 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Forgot to post this a couple of days back. Pirelli will just call tires hard, medium and soft starting in 2019 for each race weekend. Same number of tire compounds overall, just will use hard, medium and soft names for whatever compounds the three tires are for each particular race. Somehow this will still cause confusion......

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
It would have been interesting Ocon had stuck it up the inside on Vettel...the room was there...would love to have that alternative ending played out now. I think Ocon decided that the potential reward was not worth the risk which shows how mature he is. Verstappen would have stuck that in there.

Fortune favours the bold though.

If there's room you gotta try to stick it.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
People on /r/formula1 calling this a boring race. I didn't find it boring at all. There was action in turn 1, there were some overtakes (even though they weren't really all that exciting ones), and it got close with the Vettel pit stop.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Fortune favours the bold though.

If there's room you gotta try to stick it.
He was never going to make that stick. He was right on the edge of the track and he would have had to brake very early compared to others to stay on track. He would've either taken Vettel out or gone gtraight on the chicane.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Can someone explain why FI lost their constructor’s points and why Haas thinks FI should lose their Schedule 1 and 2 payments for the next two years? FI isn’t a new entrant; they are just changing owner and name.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Can someone explain why FI lost their constructor’s points and why Haas thinks FI should lose their Schedule 1 and 2 payments for the next two years? FI isn’t a new entrant; they are just changing owner and name.
Briefly: Technically it is a new team because they went into administration. It requires unanimous approval of all teams and F1 management/rights holder to agree to Column 1 and 2 payout for the "new" team.

Haas objection is based on what they had to do as a new team and also the fact that Bernie made Haas put up an extra $20 million in 2016 as a guarantee that they would compete for two years before being eligible for points payout money. They also had to book a two year budget to show they could cover costs. To the best of my knowledge, no team has been required to make those guarantees in advance of competition.

Also, Force India hates Haas because of the business model they use and their quick success. That's the same model that Red Bull said last week that they will use going forward in cutting costs between RB and Torro Rosso. Haas hates Force India because they are the most vocal opponent of Haas and aside from attacking their business model, they have continually run to F1 with random complaints on various technical issues.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Next year is the year I finally go to an F1 race. It's been at the top of my bucket list since I was..14?

Just gonna debate if I should do Montreal or Austin. Montreal is so much cheaper, easier overall and a race with more history. Austin would be a brand new experience and could do more than just the race (not saying there's not more to do in Montreal too....just that I've been several times).

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Leclerc is such a nice and humble guy. Gets in the way of Gasly, and instantly raises his hand in the air saying "Sorry for that, my bad". Even takes his sunglasses off when being interviewed. Pretty sad but I see a lot of Bianchi in him, which is understandable since he was like a brother to Leclerc.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Next year is the year I finally go to an F1 race. It's been at the top of my bucket list since I was..14?

Just gonna debate if I should do Montreal or Austin. Montreal is so much cheaper, easier overall and a race with more history. Austin would be a brand new experience and could do more than just the race (not saying there's not more to do in Montreal too....just that I've been several times).
If you are interested in partaking in all that Austin has to offer during race week, with 2019 scheduled for the first week of November, you can't beat the weather that time of year.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
All the Sky pundits of course saying Lewis did nothing wrong or that it's Vettel's fault

When I was watching it in real time and saw how aggressive Hamilton was attacking both Ferraris, I thought there was definitely going to be a crash

Nice to see Magnussen is down in last while Perez hasn't really been affected by their contact as well

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Max is still a childish tool. Probably would've had P4 but didn't want to give up the position to Bottas because... well, he's childish. And that was a clear penalty. Claimed he gave space to Bottas, lol. He had a warning already and then says the FIA is killing racing. Grow up for f***s sake.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Penalties for Vettel and Bottas for similar lap 1 incidents this season, nothing for the golden boy
I don't see how that's Hamilton's fault... Vettel still failing to see the big picture by beind overly aggressive on the first lap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad