Prospect Info: 2018 Draft: Round 1, Pick #21 - Ryan Merkley, D (Guelph Storm/OHL)

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I still can't believe that the Sharks got two 2nd round picks for Murray. But of course, they traded one of those 2nds for Tyler Kennedy. :rant: (They took Noah Rod with the other one.)

Back to Merkley for a sec, I watched the first round of the draft with one of my buddies. He's convinced that Merkley's direct comp is Tony DeAngelo. God, I hope not.

"Tony" DeAngelo somehow makes me think of some shifty guy selling "used" stereos out of the trunk of his car. Or possibly the most stereotypical brooklyn pizzaria owner you could possibly imagine. :laugh:

vilpertti

Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
I remember once he was on the point with the puck and a (I think) Rangers guy took a run at him to knock him off the puck. It might have been Prust. And he collided with Murray and he fell down while Murray didn't even budge. That was fantastic
For me, this is the best ever from Murray:

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
Anyone who is close to Storm or OHL want to chime in how Merkley is doing so far this season?

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
A friend from sault st marie seen him play and took video of him from a game a few days ago. The shifts he got didnt notice any big changes to his game from what he was before. But they werent really that interesting of shifts for the storm defensively.

Still cant tell though if he is a right defensemen or a left defensemen. Roams all over the place like burns still according to the videos lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad