WJC: 2018 Division I, II, III

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Damn, this indeed is the best Kazakh generation maybe even ever. Glad they are doing well.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Ok, seriously bruh what's so surprising? You're acting like Estonia just beat Germany or something, I had Kazakhstan coming in 2nd on the tournament, 2nd place team beat first place team in OT are we really supposed to be that surprised?
2nd? For me the top 3 was always Latvia, Germany and France with Germany being a bit ahead of the pack, next is Austria and only then comes Kazakhstan.

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
2nd? For me the top 3 was always Latvia, Germany and France with Germany being a bit ahead of the pack, next is Austria and only then comes Kazakhstan.
That gives no sense, I don't know why people underestimate Kazakhstan so much, if you look at their roster they have players who play in russian junior league

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Ehhh...not a fan of Latvia this year but maybe. Not that many great pieces on that team this year though. France for sure no. In the run-up they succeeded in losing to everyone, Germany, Latvia, Hungary...

I figured Kazakhstan would be good. Germay does always seem to find a way to throw it though, pretty interesting. They never put together a full tournament.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Ehhh...not a fan of Latvia this year but maybe. Not that many great pieces on that team this year though. France for sure no. In the run-up they succeeded in losing to everyone, Germany, Latvia, Hungary...

I figured Kazakhstan would be good. Germay does always seem to find a way to throw it though, pretty interesting. They never put together a full tournament.

For us it all depends on our few top guys like Krastenbergs and Smirnovs, if they can carry this team, we might promote.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Indeed, count me between those who aren't surprised. It's not like Germany has some kind of amazing team. Bokk is the only thing which Germany has while Kazakhs doesn't and he is still 17. In the end, 2 good team played a close game and one of them won.

France has played in D1B more times that they had in D1A. How are they "always top 3"???

Also, plenty of posters here who disregard the actually players on the roster and just go by "this country is good and this country is bad". Going by senior team results most of the time as well.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Goddamnit, why is it that division 1 hockey, when it comes to things like streaming the game, is on the level of a beer-league? Get your shit together IIHF.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Indeed, count me between those who aren't surprised. It's not like Germany has some kind of amazing team. Bokk is the only thing which Germany has while Kazakhs doesn't and he is still 17. In the end, 2 good team played a close game and one of them won.

France has played in D1B more times that they had in D1A. How are they "always top 3"???

Also, plenty of posters here who disregard the actually players on the roster and just go by "this country is good and this country is bad". Going by senior team results most of the time as well.

FWIW I read that not that France has always been top(which they haven't, they've often been down a level), but instead he's always expect that to be the top 3 in this particular tournament.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad