WJC: 2018 Division I, II, III

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Pretty boring 1st period. I think there were a couple of scoring chances for both teams. Though I cannot be entirely sure, because it's hard to really see what is happening.
Most of the time both teams cancelled each other out.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Germany has a 1-0 lead after the 2nd. Charlie Jahnke received a pass from Dominik Bokk in the slot, moved to his backhand and scored on the far side (I think).
Overall a better period from the German team, but both teams are still quite evenly matched.

Despite 1 or 2 little gaffes I liked Seider's game so far. Hard to believe he is only 16 years old. So calm and poised and even when he makes a rare mistake he's never rattled. He just keeps playing his game completely unfazed. Love this kid.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Germany is throwing the game away on a number of incredibly stupid penalties. Kazakhstan now leads 2-1 and is still on the power play.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Interesting tactic on the German power play a little while ago. Get posession in the attacking zone, get the puck to one of your players on the half boards and then stand around and wait for the ice to melt. That should get the job done.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
And they tie it up. Gawanke just throws a weak wrist shot on the net and somehow it goes in.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
OT it is. I don't like Germany's chances here unless they end it quickly. Kazakhstan was skating much better for most of the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad