Prospect Info: 2018 Development Camp, June 26th - 29th

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I don't think Tippett would put Bjugs on the trade block even if score one or two pretty goals in the dev and/or training camps so he's going to be marinating back into the OHL and going this route also makes things easier for Dalé. Usually the best GM-move is not to make trades. This is the ideal situation when you don't have to rush prospects that have been drafted recently into the show.
I agree but he has nothing left to prove in the OHL, and was decently effective in his AHL stint at the end of last season.

Dont want him to stagnate either.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Stupid question - but - why can't Tippett go to the AHL?

He is 19 Years old. And the Rules says, you must played 4 Season in the OHL/WHL ...... or you must be 20 Years till the end of the Year.
Both doesn´t count for Tippet. He only played 3 Season and Born in Februar, he can´t be 20 till end of the Year, thats means Pro Team or Juniors.

Reactions: 5 Hole

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
He is 19 Years old. And the Rules says, you must played 4 Season in the OHL/WHL ...... or you must be 20 Years till the end of the Year.
Both doesn´t count for Tippet. He only played 3 Season and Born in Februar, he can´t be 20 till end of the Year, thats means Pro Team or Juniors.
Piggybacking on what GermanPanther said, I believe the rule is that players drafted from the CHL must turn 20 before January 1 in their draft+2 year to be eligible for the AHL. Otherwise they can only play in the NHL or return to the CHL for their draft+2 year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 Hole

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad