Prospect Info: 2018 Development Camp, June 26th - 29th

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
A couple interesting names...Jacob Friend and Brett McKenzie from Owen Sound. Saw them both play quite a bit in 2nd round of playoffs vs. SSM and was pretty impressed. Both were drafted by other teams in late rounds in 2016, though? Are they free agents now and those teams lost their rights?

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
A couple interesting names...Jacob Friend and Brett McKenzie from Owen Sound. Saw them both play quite a bit in 2nd round of playoffs vs. SSM and was pretty impressed. Both were drafted by other teams in late rounds in 2016, though? Are they free agents now and those teams lost their rights?

If they weren't signed by June 15 then yeah they would be free agents/eligible to enter the draft

Reactions: Montsy14

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
I like Benjamin Gleason more than those two. He was the quarterback in the power play in the OHL Championship winning Hamilton team. He's got more potential than Stillman (who is as old as him) in my opinion. Jerry Turkulainen another interesting as well, seems like there is interest from Panthers side.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Before everyone freaks out about Hepo not being there, his season ended only about a month ago. It was probably a mutual decision by the team and the player to let him rest.

Borg I think has graduated past this event, so no surprise there.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I dont know who is there from us, but can you make some vids or Picture from Justin Schütz or Demisenko, one has my interist about how far he is(Demisenko) the other one cause he is German. :D

I would appreceate any Material.

Reactions: Boothinator

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
So far Inamoto and Ang's skating is making everyone* else look lesser in that dept.

Bednard looking real solid in net. Even with the 5 hole.
Westlund had an impressive shot...

Last edited:

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
Ang and Repo for the AHL, the rest of the first group of forwards are not ready. Didn’t get to see Bajkov much.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
I'm in serious hockey withdrawal here and it's only the end of June /o\
Thanks everyone for these mini-reports :)

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Any comments on Denisenko? Was he out there today?

Smooth skater. Didn't really stand out in my opinion, but you could see the skill is there. Tried to do a little bit too much sometimes.

I think Ang got faster if that's even possible. He looked really fast and slick.

Tippett's shot looked better too as well.

Hutsko looked good too. Montembeault was really solid and structured. Repo is a man, not even sure why they had him come, he's literally played 3 pro seasons in Finland already. Gildon looked like he added some size, which is good considering he was a string bean last year. Tyler Soy stood out to me in the 2nd group too, good skater, slick player.

Reactions: 5 Hole

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad