2018 CL Semifinals

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I want to see Ronaldo win it. He's been amazing this year and deserves it.

giphy.gif

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Curious, do you hate still Colombia because they were Escobar's team?

Escobar's team was Atletico Nacional. If I watched Colombian football, obviously I would detest them, and their league was dirty in general. He had influence on the national team but it wasn't the same. The players catering to him also seemed like a matter of necessity at the time, and there have been some players who talked about people being murdered over the game. Obviously that's wrong, and I have no affinity for Colombia in general. There are also stories that they held foreign referees at gunpoint in order to win the Libertadores.

Franco's influence on Real Madrid permanently altered the sport.

Ronaldo also played for Manchester United and I think my feelings on them go without saying.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
You would think there would be some disdain after his slave comments after they nixed his move to RM after their CL win.

United fans everywhere seem to worship him still. I find it bizarre. Dortmund fans hate their star players who force their way out - even to clubs abroad - and we're far more used to it.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
United fans everywhere seem to worship him still. I find it bizarre. Dortmund fans hate their star players who force their way out - even to clubs abroad - and we're far more used to it.
Probably the difference in accomplishments and talent before leaving, if I had to guess.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

I mean he’s one of the best players of all time and a club legend, I mean there’s a reason fans love him still. SAF knew that Madrid was his favorite team as a child and was willing to let him go, but after we won the UCL SAF asked him to stay another year to try to win the UCL again. They agreed that he’d stay one more year and Ronaldo would leave that summer, it wasn’t really Ronaldo forcing his way out. If he really tried to force his way out SAF would’ve gotten rid of him.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I mean he’s one of the best players of all time and a club legend, I mean there’s a reason fans love him still. SAF knew that Madrid was his favorite team as a child and was willing to let him go, but after we won the UCL SAF asked him to stay another year to try to win the UCL again. They agreed that he’d stay one more year and Ronaldo would leave that summer, it wasn’t really Ronaldo forcing his way out. If he really tried to force his way out SAF would’ve gotten rid of him.

LOL

Reactions: Savant

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

I don’t mean like willing, like he wanted him to leave. But he knew that Madrid was going to come in with a world record bid and knew that he wasn’t going to stay. Willing was probably the wrong word to use. He understood that Ronaldo wasn’t going to be with the club.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I don’t mean like willing, like he wanted him to leave. But he knew that Madrid was going to come in with a world record bid and knew that he wasn’t going to stay. Willing was probably the wrong word to use. He understood that Ronaldo wasn’t going to be with the club.
Oh that's not what I laughed about... It was the "his favourite team bit" that got me.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Why? From I remember, Ronaldo’s favorite team as a kid was Real Madrid. Or it was his dream to play for them. Either way.
I think it's hilarious every time a team comes with big money to sign a player it becomes the players dream to play for that club. "Favourite team as a kid" gets thrown out on a weekly basis during the transfer windows. Anyone who continues to believe in it is deluded... not saying every single player is lying but the majority are no doubt.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I think it's hilarious every time a team comes with big money to sign a player it becomes the players dream to play for that club. "Favourite team as a kid" gets thrown out on a weekly basis during the transfer windows. Anyone who continues to believe in it is deluded... not saying every single player is lying but the majority are no doubt.

So that goes for Courinho then correct?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Absolutely. Not that it matters anyhow. Players are allowed to leave when every they wish for what ever reason they desire. What I have a problem with is how players leave (and where they end up). Ala Dembele,

That I can agree with. I was just basically saying that Ronaldo wasn’t holding his team hostage to make his move happen, ala Dembele.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad