2018 CL Semifinals

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool need to take care of business. They are the favorites but Roma is no slouch. Whatever happens in Germany and Spain happens.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Gaffe sul sito giallorosso, online i biglietti Roma-Liverpool ma il sorteggio è domani

As Roma's site was already selling tickets yesterday for a Roma-Liverpool semi-final 2nd leg. :sarcasm: (may 2nd)

Well, this thing had 1 chance out of 6 to happen but still. And now if the UEFA put the 2nd match on may 2nd, it had even less chance to happen.

Uefa avoiding Roma-Liverpool final :nod:
That has to be stressed.
I have a hard time believing it. It was announced here yesterday and for sure the draw went as planned. With the exact same return leg.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Gaffe sul sito giallorosso, online i biglietti Roma-Liverpool ma il sorteggio è domani

As Roma's site was already selling tickets yesterday for a Roma-Liverpool semi-final 2nd leg. :sarcasm: (may 2nd)

Well, this thing had 1 chance out of 6 to happen but still. And now if the UEFA put the 2nd match on may 2nd, it had even less chance to happen.

Uefa avoiding Roma-Liverpool final :nod:

Kind of crazy it was actually "true", even though the odds weren't terrible. Speculation aside I don't hate these match-ups. I like the idea that one of Liverpool or Roma will be in the final.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Draw could have been :
Roma/Liverpool
Liverpool/Roma
Real/Roma
Roma/Real
Bayern/Roma
Roma/Bayern

1 chance out of 6. Ding.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
But why did RM get a difficult draw?
Everyone here has said they had a tough draw this year. Including the group stage.

Of course, does that erase the easiest draw in football history two years ago?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Draw could have been :
Roma/Liverpool
Liverpool/Roma
Real/Roma
Roma/Real
Bayern/Roma
Roma/Bayern

1 chance out of 6. Ding.
It got the time slots right too so you can add the math on that as well.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I mean, for scheduling and getting charters alone, I could see where they tell everyone what the draw is and then play it up for cameras.

Considering the circumstances, you almost have to assume that at least that is the case. The issue of course is, even if they're "usually" honorable about it, it would be child's play to fix it should the will to do so be there.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Kind of crazy it was actually "true", even though the odds weren't terrible. Speculation aside I don't hate these match-ups. I like the idea that one of Liverpool or Roma will be in the final.
This is kind of my takeaway. I'm not overlooking Roma; they've had a great CL. They finished 1st in a group with Chelsea and Atletico, they knocked out Barcelona and they've got the return leg at home after what happened last round? They actually have a pretty strong team even without Salah. Liverpool will have to be at their best to make it through this tie.

With that said this is the match-up I wanted not because I think Roma is the 'easiest' of the remaining teams (I still think that's Bayern) but because it guarantees one of Roma or Liverpool in the final which will be great.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Well, I mean, Real Madrid are not exactly an endearing team. With that said I can't remember a more difficult path to the final before (assuming they make it, which hopefully Bayern prevents).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->