2018 CL Semifinals

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The closest might actually be their path last year tbh.
As I said in another thread, that's not true.
Last year, they didn't draw the toughest team until the semis (and that's arguable with Atletico, and they also got ref help to beat Bayern).
This year, you can honestly say they had the toughest group, toughest KO opponent and one of the toughest in the QF, as well as the toughest in the semis.
That said, they had home return games against Juve and Bayern.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
PSG, Juve and Bayern. What excuses will haters use this year if we win again?

Oh, probably the penalty against Juve or luck or cheating or whatever :laugh:

At this point they're clear favourites so if they lose it's a choke job and if they win it's what people have been expecting for a while now :razz:

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
At this point they're clear favourites so if they lose it's a choke job and if they win it's what people have been expecting for a while now :razz:
Let's hope Ramos will be suspended as he should for the first game. I think Robben is ready for one last big title. It's probably his last chance with Holland missing the WC as well.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Pretty much expected this. Not actually optimistic, but for the love of all that's subjectively right and just, let's finally knock those scumbags out, again.

Hard to be optimistic with how the last two ties went. I guess I'll be rooting for you guys anyway though.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Roma has not been good at Olimpico during Serie A. They have been great there duringe the Champions League.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
It'll be a RM-Liverpool final. Just way more quality on those those. I haven't been impressed by Bayern this year actually.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
It'll be a RM-Liverpool final. Just way more quality on those those. I haven't been impressed by Bayern this year actually.

How your tune has changed since the end of the group stage ;)

Madrid weren't better than Bayern last year either with the refs intervening IMO. Their dominance has been overstated.

Hmm must've been domestically then.

Still they're in poor form rn. Even spurs outclassed them lol.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Bayern need a healthy and in form Robben, that is what will give them a real chance.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If Roma can beat Barca, then Liverpool should be a cakewalk...

Yeah the same way Salah is like Welbeck or Pedro. There will be no cakewalk for anyone and they barely won.

It comes down to managers. di Francesco knew how to best Valverde and did it before. Can they stop our fluid front three? Time will tell. Liverpool has actually scored more goals than Barcelona in all competitions this year, in three less games. They have also conceded almost twice as much, so Roma obviously will need to be clinical, they will have chances.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
If Roma can beat Barca, then Liverpool should be a cakewalk...

That's some dame fine logic.

Yeah the same way Salah is like Welbeck or Pedro. There will be no cakewalk for anyone and they barely won.

It comes down to managers. di Francesco knew how to best Valverde and did it before. Can they stop our fluid front three? Time will tell. Liverpool has actually scored more goals than Barcelona in all competitions this year, in three less games. They have also conceded almost twice as much, so Roma obviously will need to be clinical, they will have chances.

It was actually 4-4... but who's counting.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

FWIW since van Dijk has started playing, and Karius took over in goal, we've only conceded 8 goals in 14 games between the league and CL. Including games against City x 2, Porto x 2, United and Spurs.

There are no easy games left. Everyone will be playing to their maximum and form can pretty much go out the window in these matches (see Roma vs. Barcelona).

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
You made the comment about draws in the last round's thread, not me. I'd say that's your job.
You're requesting the information and seem to think it's of note. We're all waiting with bated breath for the explanation.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
You're requesting the information and seem to think it's of note. We're all waiting with bated breath for the explanation.

Like I said, you made the comment about draws, not me. I have nothing to explain since I didn't make the comment.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Amazing draw for Liverpool. Also a great draw for Roma on the other hand.

Rooting for a Bayern-Liverpool matchup. Styles make fights and I would love to see those two going at it.

In the end, I hope Bayern wins so Lewa can get a UCL trophy.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
PSG, Juve and Bayern. What excuses will haters use this year if we win again?

Oh, probably the penalty against Juve or luck or cheating or whatever :laugh:

I'm your Huckleberry. I think Bayern's level doeesn't match their reputation on this forum. If I'm a Madridista I'll take Bayern all day over Liverpool.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00