2018 Around The League

Status
Not open for further replies.

canuck89

May 17, 2014
Prince George
Bring Burrows and Bieksa back to Vancouver, so they can sign honorary one-day contracts to retire as Canucks.

And if they want to get involved in the organization somehow (coaching, player development, advisory roles, whatever...), see what they'd be into.

Reactions: Toxic0n

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Sheary and Hunwick for a 4th.

Buffalo just won that handily in my eyes. I understand the move from a Pittsburgh perspective, but he'll be getting prime opportunities in Buffalo and will produce with Eichel.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Sheary and Hunwick for a 4th.

Buffalo just won that handily in my eyes. I understand the move from a Pittsburgh perspective, but he'll be getting prime opportunities in Buffalo and will produce with Eichel.

Good. Anything that helps push Buffalo, Montreal, Ottawa, Arizona, and Detroit out of the bottom of the league next season is a win for us.

Reactions: timw33

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
I like how Benning was quoted earlier how with the cap going up teams wouldn't be looking to shed salary but there's already been two of these moves and isn't even July yet. Orpik and Hunwick contracts have been dumped coupled with a fairly good asset to bad teams with cap space. Meanwhile the Canucks are desperately locking up Granlunds and Pouliots.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
I like how Benning was quoted earlier how with the cap going up teams wouldn't be looking to shed salary but there's already been two of these moves and isn't even July yet. Orpik and Hunwick contracts have been dumped coupled with a fairly good asset to bad teams with cap space. Meanwhile the Canucks are desperately locking up Granlunds and Pouliots.

And Linden kept saying how it would be harder to do with the cap going up. That’s what you get when you hire a smug clown who’s never been an executive before.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

And Linden kept saying how it would be harder to do with the cap going up. That’s what you get when you hire a smug clown who’s never been an executive before.

It really shouldn't be surprising at this point but somehow I'm amazed again every time at just how astonishingly out-of-touch these guys are with this sport and this league, at every level. Team building, player analysis, cap management.

Just not a clue.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Keep in mind this also isn't a massive cap dump for completely useless players. Hunwick makes $2.25 mil each of the next two seasons. Sheary $3 mil also for the next two seasons but both, I believe, are serviceable. This is the type of move I'd hope the canucks would look at but likely won't because, as has been said, in the wisdom of canuck management these type of opportunities don't exist right now.

Even if they make too much they could serve as a bit of roster churn which the team desperately needs.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i see sheary for a 4th as a decent deal and hunwick as an expensive but serviceable warm body.

so decent deal.

but they're not pieces i would be looking to add to the canucks. we do not need another undersized winger who aspires to top 6 minutes. not a need to fill worth giving up a 4th.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
i see sheary for a 4th as a decent deal and hunwick as an expensive but serviceable warm body.

so decent deal.

but they're not pieces i would be looking to add to the canucks. we do not need another undersized winger who aspires to top 6 minutes. not a need to fill worth giving up a 4th.

Sheary is a good player but not a fit here considering our existing depth on the wing. But it shows the type of deal that is available.

Sheary isn't as good as the 70-point pace he scored at in 16-17 next to Crosby but he still scored 16 goals last year from bottom-6 minutes with no PP time. Would expect he'll be a 25-25-50 guy with more of a role on Buffalo this year.

Reactions: timw33

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Jack Johnson is such hot trash–it's incredible that he got term as a 31 year old who put up 11 points while being terrible defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad