2018 Around The League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I don’t necessarily think so. Hanifin as early as this upcoming season could replace the Hamilton offense. Defense is a saw off. Lindholm is a more versatile and I think better player than Ferland. I’d be shocked if Ferland puts up the numbers he did this year ever again. Fox wasn’t signing with the flames and can go the UFA route in a year and sign with anyone I believe. He is only going to sign right now with his team of choice. No idea if that is Carolina. His asset value was low because of it and non-existent to the flames.

But it is a shake up. Instead of just icing the same players they have mixed up the top 9 and blueline. A good UFA period and they could reinvent the team by a fair degree.
Agree with this..Its definitely a shake up,because what the Flames had last year simply wasn't working..The entire team just quit,on the coach,and itself.

I think the Flames will be a much improved team next season with a new coach,and a bit of a redo..Maybe even making the playoffs,but not even close to a SC contender.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
LA is so old. But it's a pretty impressive veteran core, and with Vilardi, Clague and few other prospects coming in, maybe they can make few more twilight runs at the Cup with this old core while transitioning to a younger team.

Let's see if they can avoid making those desperate Sekera and Lucic deals.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Calgary wins the 2013 NHL Draft!
91c73ec02500f780aaee2e4741304fbc.png

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Looking at Carlson's contract Washington having the home team advantage of 8 years vs 7 probably plays a big factor in the cap hit, as a 36 year Carlson probably isn't making $8M in 25-26 if he signed a 7 year deal with another team.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Toronto would likely have to court Tavares by offering him 15 million on a one year deal and Boston and Tampa would have do some wheeling and dealing just to clear enough cap space.

If he doesn’t stay on the Island I’d say he either goes to Dallas or San Jose.

Ultimately though since the NHL is super boring and stars rarely make it to the open market he’ll probably re-sign with the Islander before July 1st.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Oof Michael Dal Colle attending Islanders prospect camp for the 5th time. Wow I thought that guy was going to be good.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Question for the CBA experts: is there any way to sign Burrows to a 'one day' contract so he can retire a Canuck?

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
so now the flames are officially chasing derek ryan.

anyone find it curious the flames are looking for salvation from their eastern conference doppelganger in terms of being perennially not quite good enough?

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
while we are doling out hot takes, i think vegas gets karlsson and ottawa is going to be loaded up with surplus knights assets who just had career years.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Yes - Bryan Bickell and Daniel Alfredsson both did this.

Super, I would love to see Burrows skate out one last time in a Canucks uniform and say goodbye (assuming he is done, maybe he doesn't think so).

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Looking like the end of line for Alex Burrows....on waivers in Ottawa for purposes of a buy-out. Burr was a story on perseverance and gutting out an NHL career...If this is it, I really hope he stays involved in hockey somewhere. Will always be the Canucks-Hawks 'dragon-slayer'.

Makes that Jonathan Dahlen trade even more of a head-scratcher, which could become an ulcer for Dorion and Sens fans if he lights it up in VanCity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad