2018 Around the League III: The OTT players said WHAT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
St Louis is basically the closest we have to a team that is our *****. They're the only team we've swept in a playoff series and we also came back from 3-1 against them.
Fun fact, they made the Stanley Cup Finals in their *first three seasons in the NHL*! They also were swept all three times (combined record of 0-12).

(reality was that in the first expansion from the 'original six' days, all the expansion teams were put in one division where one of them got a guaranteed seed in the Finals - that's why the Blues were able to make it to the Finals. They were the best of a medicore lot)

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
I love how long Mike Smith's been an NHL starter based on one good season.

Mike Smith had a handful of good seasons in Arizona, he's a hell of a lot better than Cam Ward who has cruised by entire career on bottom of the league numbers due to one cup

Reactions: MS

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Mike Smith had a handful of good seasons in Arizona, he's a hell of a lot better than Cam Ward who has cruised by entire career on bottom of the league numbers due to one cup

Neither player is as overrated as Lundqvist, who was outplayed by his backups in every season but like two.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
I love how long Mike Smith's been an NHL starter based on one good season.

Man he's dragged that out eh? Tippet had a way with making goalies look better than they are.... and hockey a lot more boring than it should be. Bryz made of few bucks off of Dave too.

Is Tippet still coaching anywhere? AHL? Assistant? NHL and I've been asleep?

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
these offside reviews are so ****ing stupid.

Yep. I understand goaltender interference. You can overturn either call on the ice. It goes both ways. For offside there is no recourse for a play being whistled dead when it shouldn't have been.

Last edited:

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville

Hey, they just want to make sure they got things right.

In fact I hear that next season they're going to be doing random stick inspections for every players stick... even the sticks on the bench. Player won't know when it's coming but there will be one surprise inspection per period. Sure games will take 4 hours to complete but think of all the extra advertising dollars.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

If a goal was scored off a shot on a direct continuation of an offside play in the first 5 seconds after that offside occurred, fair enough.

As soon as that initial play is over, that should be it. Nobody wants goals overturned that happen a minute later after the defending team has had 3 opportunities to clear the puck.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
If a goal was scored off a shot on a direct continuation of an offside play in the first 5 seconds after that offside occurred, fair enough.

Since this happens basically never, it makes more sense to just never allow such a challenge.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Since this happens basically never, it makes more sense to just never allow such a challenge.

It absolutely happens.

The Frk goal in the Detroit game is a perfect example. Took a breakaway pass obviously offside, it was missed, and he scored 3 seconds later.

Since the offside play in this case was fundamental to creating the scoring chance immediately after, no issues.

As soon as that initial movement is done ... that should be it. Either have it set to 5 seconds or have it like a delayed penalty where as soon as the defending team touches the puck the replay window closes.

Reactions: cookiefest

sting101

Feb 8, 2012

As soon as that initial play is over, that should be it. Nobody wants goals overturned that happen a minute later after the defending team has had 3 opportunities to clear the puck.
im kinda on board with this.

I would define it as once the puck has changed possession with any player then the challenge is negated.This does not include rebounds off the offside player

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Thomas Chabot with 22 points good for 3rd in points in the league.

What a player.
hmmmnnn does anyone still want to argue with me that Chabot is far and away the better prospect than Jakub Zboril?

Chabot is an absolute stud

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
It absolutely happens.

The Frk goal in the Detroit game is a perfect example. Took a breakaway pass obviously offside, it was missed, and he scored 3 seconds later.

Since the offside play in this case was fundamental to creating the scoring chance immediately after, no issues.

As soon as that initial movement is done ... that should be it. Either have it set to 5 seconds or have it like a delayed penalty where as soon as the defending team touches the puck the replay window closes.

I guess I'm okay with it in the case of a breakaway and basically nO other situation

I hate the idea of putting a time limit on this sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad