Who wins?

• Total voters

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
yeah lets just see the same teams in the playoffs year after year

and red sox-yankees hasn't been a rivalry since the early 00s

The Yankees don't make the playoffs every year, and this is the first time they've met since 2004.

And it's always been a rivalry.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Huh? This will be their first meeting since 2004 so what are you talking about? 14 years is long enough for fans to miss it.

And Red Sox-Yankees is a rivalry that never dwindles...

exactly. it hasn't been a rivalry since the early 00s

its definitely dwindled since 04. all we've seen between them since then is dempster throwing at a-rod and the kelly/austin fight this season

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Once again ..I wanted the A's to win but I sure didn't. See it..
The A's are playing in the same park tonight.. These Yanks like or not (I don't)have stud hitters.
That's their MO

111-110 wRC+ (accounts for ballparks) advantage Yankees. You are seriously underrating A's offense.

Elvis P

Night Gallery
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I’m a Voit fan but he really has to watch the on field antics. He will be thrown at by Boston if he does what he did tonight on that triple
That one handed bat hold where he freezes is really childish. Never seen that one before.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Didn't you just watch that promotion with Ken Griffey? S t f u about celebrating already.

Puig got destroyed by the media for doing that in the 2014 playoffs. Voit was at least running up the line vs standing at the plate with his arms up but that’s not gonna fly with the Red Sox.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I can't exactly blame Voit for styling when he basically won the game with that triple. Just like I didn't have a problem with Bautista's bat flip when he broke a tie in Game 5.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
exactly. it hasn't been a rivalry since the early 00s

its definitely dwindled since 04. all we've seen between them since then is dempster throwing at a-rod and the kelly/austin fight this season

Lol what do you mean it hasn't been a rivalry? Red Sox-Yankees is forever embedded in baseball culture no matter what outsiders say.

It hasn't dwindled and it never will. Rivalries are mostly for the fans and you'd get embarrassingly laughed at if you said that in front of their fans.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Voit honestly thought he had that one.

It was a little awkward, but nothing more than that. Leave the guy alone.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Lol what do you mean it hasn't been a rivalry? Red Sox-Yankees is forever embedded in baseball culture no matter what outsiders say.

It hasn't dwindled and it never will. Rivalries are mostly for the fans and you'd get embarrassingly laughed at if you said that in front of their fans.

its a historic rivalry yes

and i'll say it loud and clear for the fans. the rivalry has been dormant since 04

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Once again ..I wanted the A's to win but I sure didn't. See it..
The A's are playing in the same park tonight.. These Yanks like or not (I don't)have stud hitters.
That's their MO

A) Anyone can get shut down in one game
B) The Yankees have better pitching all-around than the A's. The A's may have had a great regular season from their pen but the Yankees have four legit big-time pitchers in the pen while the A's have at most one, and a lot of other complementary guys. Or three big-time pitchers and one very solid one (Robertson).

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Puig got destroyed by the media for doing that in the 2014 playoffs. Voit was at least running up the line vs standing at the plate with his arms up but that’s not gonna fly with the Red Sox.

I don't think Puig gave a shit. Only people with sensitive feelings like you care about petty little shit.

Reactions: All Might

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad