• Total voters

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
no one's saying to welcome opposing fans with open arms

but there's a way to avoid doing that without assaulting them

ok, *technically* pouring a beer on someone *is* assault, however (and i dunno what ur fav baseball team is i'm just using examples) let's put throwing a full beer onto someone in a comparison with those dodgers fans that put that giants fan in a coma and then try to have the discussion of what's going too far, or that phillies fan that induced vomiting on a young girl.

it's all about the context, too. that A's fan is NOT the only person who left yankee stadium that evening drenched in beer. (the celebrations involve throwing beer. this is pretty standard for the bleacher crowd, and probably a big part of the reason why beer was never sold in the bleachers at the old stadium which is irreversible now due to the fact that the bleachers are integrated into the stadium now instead of being completely isolated and only accessible from a dedicated gate like it was at the old house.)

i've gotten beer on plenty of my jerseys. it always comes out in the wash. yeah, being sticky and reeking of beer for the rest of the evening sucks, but the assailants did make amends with the guy and all seems good now. he's even getting free stuff from the A's now. seems like all's well that end's well.

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
yankee stadium is the last bastion of *old school* new york fan behavior, for better or for worse. maybe the upper deck at metlife gets like that too but i support neither area nfl team so i wouldn't know. not bad considering the prices to get into playoff games.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
re: the oakland fan getting beer tossed on him.

yeah, not surprised that happened in the left field bleachers. the yankee stadium bleachers during a postseason game are *still* the personification of the bronx zoo.

if you wear opposing colors in the *bleachers* in *october* at yankee stadium, you're asking for it. sorry not sorry. seriously, sit anywhere else you want in the ballpark. but in the bleachers? nope.

reminds me of those astros fans sitting two rows in front of me in left field in 2015. even though they were winning/won the game, by the latter innings they were so intimidated by everyone that they didn't celebrate their third run at all. someone should have warned them. :dunno:

No. You're not asking for it. You're going to a game for enjoyment and to support your team. Not saying it is on the same scale at all but you wouldn't tell a girl that she shouldn't dress a certain way or go into a certain neighborhood of town because whatever happens she's 'asking for it'. Come on man. We're not goddamned cavemen that can't celebrate something without being dicks to other people for no reason.

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
No. You're not asking for it. You're going to a game for enjoyment and to support your team. Not saying it is on the same scale at all but you wouldn't tell a girl that she shouldn't dress a certain way or go into a certain neighborhood of town because whatever happens she's 'asking for it'. Come on man. We're not goddamned cavemen that can't celebrate something without being dicks to other people for no reason.

so do you think it’s ridiculous that fan segregation is enforced outside of north america?

i don’t.

again, the yankee stadium bleachers have *always* been hostile to visiting fans. back in the 1970s it was even worse. that A’s fan getting beer thrown at him was tame compared to when the bronx was burning. i’m not trying to say yankees fans are right for making the bleachers miserable for visitors, but it’s amazing how every time this happens it’s news.

basically my point is, if you are a visiting fan and you bought a ticket for the bleachers at yankee stadium, don’t be surprised if you take a beer shower. you should know what you’re getting into, and again, at least that only entails a beer shower. if you’re a giants fan at dodger stadium you don’t even make it inside before you get knocked into a coma.

no one got hurt. may seem surprising that while yankees fans use colorful language and throw beer, they tend to not be *actually* violent. interesting, huh?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
lol @ comparing getting beer thrown at you to dodgers fans beating that giants fan to near-death

it doesn't matter that no one got hurt. throwing beer at someone at a game is a total a**hole move. if an A's fan threw beer at a yankees fan at the coliseum i'd say the exact same thing

Reactions: Cheese Wagstaff

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
so do you think it’s ridiculous that fan segregation is enforced outside of north america?

i don’t.

again, the yankee stadium bleachers have *always* been hostile to visiting fans. back in the 1970s it was even worse. that A’s fan getting beer thrown at him was tame compared to when the bronx was burning. i’m not trying to say yankees fans are right for making the bleachers miserable for visitors, but it’s amazing how every time this happens it’s news.

basically my point is, if you are a visiting fan and you bought a ticket for the bleachers at yankee stadium, don’t be surprised if you take a beer shower. you should know what you’re getting into, and again, at least that only entails a beer shower. if you’re a giants fan at dodger stadium you don’t even make it inside before you get knocked into a coma.

no one got hurt. may seem surprising that while yankees fans use colorful language and throw beer, they tend to not be *actually* violent. interesting, huh?

There’s a lot of things we don’t do as a society anymore that used to tolerated... that’s a pretty garbage stance to take.

How about don’t be assholes to people? Seems kind of insane you’re trying to defend that behaviour out of nostalgia or some shit.

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
There’s a lot of things we don’t do as a society anymore that used to tolerated... that’s a pretty garbage stance to take.

How about don’t be *******s to people? Seems kind of insane you’re trying to defend that behaviour out of nostalgia or some ****.

i just think false equivalencies are being drawn between throwing a beverage on someone and some of the actual heinous shit that has been done at other stadiums in recent memory.

i don’t feel bad for this guy. he made new friends with the guys who threw beer on him, got free shit from the A’s, and all the beer most likely came out of his jersey after a single trip through the washer.

oh, and i don’t throw beer on visiting fans myself. nor do i treat them like shit and be an asshole. (i have plenty of experience tolerating rangers fans at prudential center and sox fans at yankee stadium, and believe me, some of those gems could have used a beer shower.)

Last edited:

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
if an A's fan threw beer at a yankees fan at the coliseum i'd say the exact same thing

would you? you seem vehemently anti-yankees on other threads. i’ll take that at face value, though.

meh this all seems pointless, don’t throw beer on people kids, or else people will argue about how shitty entire fan bases are online.

Last edited:

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
would you? you seem vehemently anti-yankees on other threads. i’ll take that at face value, though.

meh this all seems pointless, don’t throw beer on people kids, or else people will argue about how ****ty entire fan bases are online.

I’m not saying the Yankees are a shitty fan base but you don’t assault people violently or otherwise just for wearing a jersey. I’m glad these guys made amends and they’re all buddy buddy now but it doesn’t erase the fact that dousing a stranger with beer for no reason is s shitty thing to do.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

meh this all seems pointless, don’t throw beer on people kids, or else people will argue about how ****ty entire fan bases are online.

yes i would

all fan bases have morons. no way in hell i'd condone an A's fan assaulting an opposing fan

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Was reading on twitter yesterday that the Yankees and A's fan (beer pouring incident) caught up the next day for few beers and the Yankees fan apologized. There was a photo of them doing the rounds on twitter.

Reactions: New Jersey

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Was reading on twitter yesterday that the Yankees and A's fan (beer pouring incident) caught up the next day for few beers and the Yankees fan apologized. There was a photo of them doing the rounds on twitter.
You would have also noticed me saying that on this page if you ever noticed me... :(

Reactions: All Might and darko

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad