GDT: 2018 ALDS: (AL4) New York Yankees vs. (AL1) Boston Red Sox

Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm not a Yankees fan so I don't have any idea how Sabathia has done this year. In fairness to him that's on the Yankees for having to rely on him at this point.

Even if he was a huge reason why they nearly made the WS last year.

They need to address their starting pitching. Not only looking for an ace but complimentary guys. Sonny Gray going MIA didn't help either.

Same goes with their offense. Need a guy or two with some balance.
And last year everyone was anointing them the champs at the trade deadline when they landed Gray. Then they screwed around and didn't want to go for Cole this past off-season. Instead they kept loading up on homer hitters. Didn't work last year (they scored three runs in four games at Minute Maid, a hitters park) but they didn't learn.

These guys get it.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
These guys get it.

You'll get Harper or Machado and like it! :sarcasm:

I do agree though...they need a younger version of Gardner or someone that even gets on base a little more. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if they traded Didi and just brought in a stopgap like like Daniel Murphy, they do need a couple of those type of players. The late '90's Yankees had enough power but they also had enough gamer/do the little things type of players for the playoffs.

Reactions: Machinehead

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i see yankees fans just can't hold onto their beer

some dumbass threw one at kimbrel tonight. maybe the beer at yankee stadium just tastes bad?

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
If Ned Yost can win a World Series, then maybe there is hope for even Aaron Boone.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Mind your ****ing business, Porcello.

I mean, he was asked the question. It's not like he randomly brought it up in the post game.

Yeah, he probably could have said something more diplomatic there but CC was the one who made waves with it, they just came Porcello's way afterwards.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Yanks lose both at home. Gotto love it but I don't love it that the red Sox won...you see my dilemma
I hope the Astros sweep them but I think the sox might get over it this time

Last edited:

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Good on Porcello for pointing out Tubby has nothing to complain about from last night..

Yeah. I can't see how the Yankees can even try to complain about the umpiring or anything else.

They lost by 15...at home, the night before. And acted like the series is over when it was tied 1-1. Nice touch for Boston playing NY NY in the locker room celebration.

Save the gloating for when you actually win something Judge.

weinsink

Feb 8, 2018
2 best teams in baseball are going head to head...the way it should be but to bad they ain't playing in the world series,sox in 6.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
angel hernandez is easily the worst ump in MLB and should be nowhere near a MLB stadium but he's not the reason the yankees lost this series

as expected, boston was simply the better team in all areas of the game

Reactions: GIN ANTONIC

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I mean, he was asked the question. It's not like he randomly brought it up in the post game.

Yeah, he probably could have said something more diplomatic there but CC was the one who made waves with it, they just came Porcello's way afterwards.
Any other umpire, it would be a different story. It's about f***ing time somebody laced into Hernandez.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Any other umpire, it would be a different story. It's about ****ing time somebody laced into Hernandez.

Oh yeah, Hernandez is garbage and I'm fine with CC calling him out (although I don't really think it was a factor in the game). I just don't think Porcello should get heat for his comments. Like I said he could have made a generic nothing comment and didn't really need to throw it back at CC but he was the one who brought it up so you're kind of asking for it there.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Good win for the Red Sox. I think the Yanks will be good for the time being. Need to make some tweaks this winter though.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
As a Red Sox fan, I loved seeing Stanton choke the way he did. :laugh: I gotta admit that I do like Didi, however. :nod:

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
angel hernandez is easily the worst ump in MLB and should be nowhere near a MLB stadium but he's not the reason the yankees lost this series

as expected, boston was simply the better team in all areas of the game

Although they also had some luck on their side on occasion. They were probably the better team, but they did catch a few breaks along the way.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Although they also had some luck on their side on occasion. They were probably the better team, but they did catch a few breaks along the way.

and that's always how it'll be

the winning team in any sport will always have the bounces and lucky breaks go their way

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
and that's always how it'll be

the winning team in any sport will always have the bounces and lucky breaks go their way

When I think of a winning team having a bounce and getting a break in the playoff, this comes to mind:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad