GDT: 2018 ALDS: (AL4) New York Yankees vs. (AL1) Boston Red Sox

Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

solventless710

Jan 5, 2005
Yankees in 4. Boston doesn't have a reliable pen, Sale's been struggling with his velocity, and Price is terrible in the postseason, and the Yankees beat him up like a piñata. Yanks are just built better for postseason play. Lots of people will be picking Boston to win just solely based off the 108 win total.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Well here we have the 2 teams i cannot stand the most.i hate these teams. Ill be blunt whoever wins i hope that their best players gets so banged up(injured) that have no chance of winning another series
Everywhere i go in rhe US im told that the Sox fans are the most obnoxious ones and then the yanks
Did you hear about that idiot yank fan who threw beer at a A's fan and to top all off the yanks were winning...what scum only act tough in crowds in this case large crowds

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The Red Sox, to win this series, will have to do what Houston did last year to the Yanks- have your top starters either go most of the way the distance (Verlander game 2 complete game, Keuchel 7+ innings in game 1) or hope another starters can pull a Game 7 McCullers (ie go multiple late innings from the pen.

Like, if you can get 6 innings from Sale/Price/Porcello, mix and match with the likes of Wright/Eovaldi/Eduardo as a Kimbrel bridge, they can get by IMO.

Also key- opening up at home. Last two years, they had to start on the road and came home down 9-2. David Price st Fenway in relief last year fared well. How might he fare at Fenway for a change?

That said, lot of pressure on Boston with that 108 win season. Will be interesting to see how they hold up as the hunted

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Red Sox might be the least intimidating 100+ win in recent memory. Shaky bullpen, really questionable starters (Sale hurt, Price being a sieve in the postseason, Porcello) and an offensive core that's gone MIA in the last two playoffs.

Yankees in 4.

Sep 19, 2008
Red Sox are one of the most deplorable franchises in recent memory. Drinking beer and eating fried chicken during the game :laugh: Cheating the game with an apple watch :laugh: Very despicable individuals

By no means is it ethical to root for them IMO

go YANK

Sep 19, 2008
In all serious it is good to see the first Red Sox yankees playoff meetup since 2004. This is like big time straight out of WWE. Emotions will run high. Hope to see a 5 game series.

Reactions: New Jersey
Sep 19, 2008
798evb4gieq11.jpg

Reactions: New Jersey

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
I'd be surprised if we see starters going past 5 innings in most of these games. I'm expecting 10-7 type scores. I think it simply comes down to who can tear the cover off the ball the best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->