NFL GDT: 2018 AFC Wild Card Round: (3) Houston Texans vs (6) Indianapolis Colts

?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Not high on the Texans and I think it’s a bad matchup for them. Their strength is the d line and Indy should be able to neutralize that for the most part. Watson/Hopkins should be up to their usual antics but I expect the Colts to focus on Hopkins and force the JAGs on their offense to make plays.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I saw how that offensive line looked yesterday for the Texans, and I don’t know

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I think the Colts front 7 is going to feast here. Texans are in theory the better team but I don't think they match up all that well in the trenches on offense or in the secondary on defense. That's a bad place to be.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Colts overachieved this year. Texan gave the Colts their only loss down the stretch in Houston. I just can't trust that Indy D at day's end.

No, actually the Colts won in Houston 24-21 a few weeks ago, snapped the Texans long winning streak. Indy's only loss was than inexplicable 6-0 loss to the Jaguars the week earlier.

Luck threw for almost 400 yards in that win over Houston, they had a near perfect game plan combined with Houston's banged up secondary. Might happen again but who knows.

It's also Watson's first playoff game so who knows how he'll play. But it's not like he hasn't had pressure with those high profile games at Clemson.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Personally I am really pulling for the Colts because I want New England to have a harder road.

Having to play the Chargers or Ravens would be way harder for the Patriots as opposed to yet ANOTHER home game with the Texans, a team they seemingly never lose to when it matters.

I feel in my heart of hearts any chance of New England’s streak of AFC CG appearances would be more likely to end if they have to play the road warrior Chargers or a Ravens team that under Harbaugh isn’t scared of Foxboro.

Houston OTOH would basically be exactly what New England wants.

Plus, I’m still bitter at the Texans for screwing up a chance to push New England into WC Weekend and potentially make THEM have to play the Colts when they screwed up against Philly 2 weeks ago.

The last thing I want to see is this aging vulnerable Patriots team get an easier road. I want to see them have to travel the hard way for once.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Going Colts

Luck always seems to deliver in big moments.

Well..sometimes not always. His overall QB rating in his playoff games barely gets over 70, and he's got 9 TDs and 12 INTs in his six playoff starts. But that was all 2014 and earlier. Houston's secondary is still banged up so he probably has a good game.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Personally I am really pulling for the Colts because I want New England to have a harder road.

Having to play the Chargers or Ravens would be way harder for the Patriots as opposed to yet ANOTHER home game with the Texans, a team they seemingly never lose to when it matters.

I feel in my heart of hearts any chance of New England’s streak of AFC CG appearances would be more likely to end if they have to play the road warrior Chargers or a Ravens team that under Harbaugh isn’t scared of Foxboro.

Houston OTOH would basically be exactly what New England wants.

Plus, I’m still bitter at the Texans for screwing up a chance to push New England into WC Weekend and potentially make THEM have to play the Colts when they screwed up against Philly 2 weeks ago.

The last thing I want to see is this aging vulnerable Patriots team get an easier road. I want to see them have to travel the hard way for once.

Not sure why you would think that, Texans played the Patriots tough with Watson.

This does feel like a Colts win, though. I think they're just doing to dominate that offensive line, although Watson can make plays out of the pocket. But he doesn't get rid of the ball enough.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I'm sticking with the Texans here.

I think Watson and Hopkins find a way to get it done. And a big play from the Houston D.

I think it's decided by a FG.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->