NFL GDT: 2018 AFC Wild Card Round: (3) Houston Texans vs (6) Indianapolis Colts

?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Watson will not be successful for them

Guy has some of the worst accuracy ive seen lately from a playoff team. Even when he had time he underthrew like crazy

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
To think the Texans were 3 minutes away from a 2 seed if they hold on that last drive in Philly on 12/23......

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
^
He is 23 and had bad playoff debut

Eli Manning threw 3 INT's in his first playoff game

Watson has been good since joining NFL and barring injury will have many more chances in postseason going forward

Not everyone can be Brady/Montana and win a SB right out of the gate in their playoff maiden voyage.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Watson will not be successful for them

Guy has some of the worst accuracy ive seen lately from a playoff team. Even when he had time he underthrew like crazy

That's a pretty ridiculous statement given it was his first game. He's been very good despite an awful injury last year and this was his first playoff game. Their o-line still needs work, they probably need a new coach and Indianapolis has just been on fire. He'll be fine.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
It's just stupid how the stars have aligned for the Colts this season.

Just a few examples

- Margus Hunt and Denico Autry went from bench players to 2 amazing 3-technique tackles in both pass rushing and run stuffing. Autry had 9 sacks in 11 starts. In fact, not 1 RB managed to get 100 yards against the Colts. Only Sony Michel came close at 98 yards.

-Cornerback depth was BY FAR the worst in the league at the beginning of the season. They had a 2nd year undrafted 5'9 player and a 4th rounder on his 4th team as starters lol. Well they've shut down Hopkins twice and Cooper who was on a tear before facing the Colts.

- Dontrelle Inman basically saved his career being kicked on waivers by Indy.

-Ebron goes from a bust in Detroit to a tight-end leading 13 TD season.

- Leonard was in everyone's list as worst picks of the draft, to having an all-pro season.

- Braden Smith was a 2nd round project guard, who became a damn good starting RT 6 games in.

-Mark Glowinski has been a crazy efficient RG after replacing Slauson who's been out since week 4.

The list goes on and on.

Remember that they have 117!!!! million dollars to spend with 0 core player hitting free agency.

Reactions: MaxV

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
It's just stupid how the stars have aligned for the Colts this season.

Just a few examples

- Margus Hunt and Denico Autry went from bench players to 2 amazing 3-technique tackles in both pass rushing and run stuffing. Autry had 9 sacks in 11 starts. In fact, not 1 RB managed to get 100 yards against the Colts. Only Sony Michel came close at 98 yards.

-Cornerback depth was BY FAR the worst in the league at the beginning of the season. They had a 2nd year undrafted 5'9 player and a 4th rounder on his 4th team as starters lol. Well they've shut down Hopkins twice and Cooper who was on a tear before facing the Colts.

- Dontrelle Inman basically saved his career being kicked on waivers by Indy.

-Ebron goes from a bust in Detroit to a tight-end leading 13 TD season.

- Leonard was in everyone's list as worst picks of the draft, to having an all-pro season.

- Braden Smith was a 2nd round project guard, who became a damn good starting RT 6 games in.

-Mark Glowinski has been a crazy efficient RG after replacing Slauson who's been out since week 4.

The list goes on and on.

Remember that they have 117!!!! million dollars to spend with 0 core player hitting free agency.

System is a factor also.

- Raiders' fans were saying that Autry will break out in 1-gap system, it's PERFECT for him.

- Since the beginning of his career, everyone thought that Margus Hunt is a 3-4 DE, but he seems FAR more comfortable as a 4-3 UT. Al Woods also seems far more comfortable in this system. Sheard is also FAR better in a 4-3 system.

- Both Desir and Moore are at their best in zone coverage, although Eberfus has mixed it up a bit and both have done a bit of man coverage with some success.

- Geathers is pretty much a SS/OLB tweener. Eberfus has done a good job of recognizing his players' strengths and weaknesses, and this case might be the most prominent. Geathers can't really cover like a safety, but he is an excellent tackler, so Eberfus has him playing close to line of scrimmage.

- Eberfus has rotated so often and he seems to have a good understanding of how to emphasize his players' strengths and hide their weaknesses.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Indy's frightening. Use that cap space on a big name or two and suddenly they go from also-ran to legitimate super bowl contender.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I saw something interesting after the game last night that made me take notice. The Coach after the game (Or was it before, I forget) held up a picture of the number 32 as symbolism for the Colts being ranked 32 at the beginning of the season. My question was who made that ranking. Granted, hindsight is 20/20, but this is a ranking with teams like the winless browns, an Arizona team that didn't really have a QB and their star running back was coming back from major injury, and a few others. I don't think the Colts were nearly the worst team in the league coming into this season. They've exceeded expectations, sure, but I thought they were average for the most part coming in.

Last edited:

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I saw something interesting after the game last night that made me take notice. The Coach after the game (Or was it before, I forget) help up a picture of the number 32 as symbolism for the Colts being ranked 32 at the beginning of the season. My question was who made that ranking. Granted, hindsight is 20/20, but this is a ranking with teams like the winless browns, an Arizona team that didn't really have a QB and their star running back was coming back from major injury, and a few others. I don't think the Colts were nearly the worst team in the league coming into this season. They've exceeded expectations, sure, but I thought they were average for the most part coming in.
It was on total access before the season started.

I fully agreed with the ranking fyi.

1) We had no idea how Luck's shoulder was going to hold up. Remember how everyone questioned his arm strength after Brissett was sent in for a hail Mary? Lol.

2) They had the worst secondary in the entire league on paper. I was furious they didn't jump on Breeland when they had the chance.

3) Putrid offensive line since the beginning of time.

4) Below average D line on paper.

5) They had drafted a guard abnormally high in the draft and a linebacker most thought was going to be 3rd/4th rounder.

6) No ground game whatsoever. Mack was viewed as a fragile back with not much upside

7) Rookie, plan B coach after McDaniels said no thanks.

The Colts season has been Disney movie approved. There's no bust and half a dozan overachievers based on their career average.

I started the season thinking we were going to aim for 1st overall pick, nevermind the playoffs.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
What's really amazing is how trash he was here. Goes to show that Tom Cable ruins everything he touches.
He's not really agile, but he's strong as a bull. Him playing between to very good linemen on side to side movement helps his case. He's a machine in the run game. He's going to get a nice pay raise this summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->